Picnic Spots on Catalina Island

My husband and I are stopping at Catalina Island on an upcoming cruise. He has already reserved us a golf cart for 3 hours, and I've located a grocery store nearby to pick up picnic supplies. Now, we just need a location. We'd prefer something with a table and seats, but we can rough it under a tree. Any suggestions?

I thought maybe someone with local knowledge would reply, but no luck so far. I don't recall any parks in Avalon or along the roadsides we took up to the top of the mountain where the airport is. I think there were a few concrete picnic tables right where you get off the tender but there are usually lots of people around using them as places to wait for tour pickups, so it wouldn't be very relaxing.

Look at Google Maps - there are a couple of parks shown but when you switch to Earth View they don't look like much. You might get lucky and find a nice spot to just pull off the road somewhere with a view and eat in your cart if you plan easy-to-eat food. Let us know if you find a spot!

Only tables I can think of are in front of the mini golf course. It's a not so scenic motor park, up from the market and golf carts.

Could eat at the benches near the Green Pier or in the beach.

There is a campground near Avalon. Could see if there are any table available there.

Edited by SadieN

I only remember picnic tables and camp sites over in Two Harbors. It's in the Isthmus area of the island and on the other side from Avalon. I'm not sure if it is doable via golf cart.

I went to Girl Scout Camp at White's Landing (now a private area) - it was fun to camp at that beach and see the wild boar and buffalo!!!