Off aiport parking?

familycruzer

If I decide to skip booking a hotel before a flight for a cruise and need to leave my car for 8 days, is it better to use an off site parking garage by the airport or park at the airport? I am looking at PHL if it makes a difference in your answer.

If I decide to skip booking a hotel before a flight for a cruise and need to leave my car for 8 days, is it better to use an off site parking garage by the airport or park at the airport? I am looking at PHL if it makes a difference in your answer.

You can get a hotel room and up to 10 days parking from 117 to 175 depending on the hotel. Private valet parking alone will cost you between 65 and 115. Economy parking at the airport is 9 per day.

At my airport, I think it is easier parking at the airport. It is only 6.75 at pittsburgh at the extended lot at the airport. It's the same price as off airport parking, so I say, why not save the trouble and park at the airport. Plus, your not allowed to tip the extended lot drivers and the airport, whereas off site, you should tip them.

One more option that might be viable -- look into a one-way rental from a neighborhood location near your home to the airport. Then do the reverse on your return. Often, the cost of the rentals is less than the parking (or a sleep & fly). If you don't live too far from the airport, also look into picking it up at the airport and returning it the next day.

Archived