Friends of Bill, (Sober Group)

Alexru12

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys, we have a group going on a cruise this April/2013 we have our own conference room available for meetings, 3 meets a day @ 9,5 & midnite.

let us know if you would like info on what we are doing

Would like info. Where and how much and how long. email rappdd at yahoo dot com

• 3 months later...

Just FYI, on ANY cruise, any friends of Bill may reserve a room and post the meeting times on the bulletin board, check at pursers desk at check in. The ships are very accommodating. If you don't see a meeting.. start one!:D

Happy cruising!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Just FYI, on ANY cruise, any friends of Bill may reserve a room and post the meeting times on the bulletin board, check at pursers desk at check in. The ships are very accommodating. If you don't see a meeting.. start one!:D

Happy cruising!

Thank you for this info. From one link I found to an example of the daily happenings on board, it appears like there is one on sea days, is there also one on shore days? (First time on a cruise and gotta have my plan set!) Is there anyone going on the Carnival Fascination Jan 20, 2014?

There's usually a meeting every day. Check the Daily Schedule put in your mailbox each night. They'll likely be the same time each day. I've seen them at 4:00 or 5:00 p.m. Anyone going on the Carnival Legend January 5th?

Princess cruises schedules them daily. They are listed in the Princess Patters. These meetings, as I've learned from people on these boards, are welcoming to other 12 step recoverees also.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Nimbex, friends of bill w indicates meetings for those in Alcoholics Anonymous. Although frequently the meetings will be open so friends and family can attend to or there may be alanon meetings also. It amazes me that you can find these meetings in every state and all over the world as well as on all of the cruise ships I have been on so far.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 4 months later...

Newbie cruiser just wondering if certain cruise lines are better for not having a party environment? Are meetings on Princess usually well attended? Looking for a cruise line for an Alaska cruise. Also future Europe trips. Don't want a "sober" cruise; too expensive and not many options or variety. Thanks

• 4 months later...

I was on the Brilliance OTS from 4/12 - 4/17 and was VERY surprised and disappointed at the ship's mishandling of the FOBW "meetings". My experiences on every one of my RCI cruises, both Royal Caribbean and Celebrity over the last 14 years has been that they provide nice rooms out of main traffic flow and sometimes perfect conference rooms. One cruise about 9 years ago they even provided coffee/tea setup with danish and...meeting formats...what a pleasant shock that was. So of course my expectations were pretty high...uh oh!!! Yup...expectations are preplanned resentments and disappointments. Did my own 10th Step thank you very much.

There was nada except when I inquired at Guest Services...they had it at 4:30 in the Minstral Annex...right between the pool and the buffet/cafeteria...a VERY high traffic area ...wow!

They were sure they had done their part...

Ok...I went 3 days but nothing...nobody

Very, very sad lack of understanding and handling by the ship.