Small Island Suggestions Please!!

TV Dad

Traveling on Seabourn southern Caribbean this fall with several brand new islands to see. The cruise line is not listing many shore excursions, so I wanted to ask for suggestions.

Oranjestadt, Sint Eustatius (Statia)

St. Johns, Antigua

Le Marin, Martinique

Kralendijk, Bonaire

We like snorkeling, sailing, wave runners, horseback riding, and on occasion a nice beach! Not really into museums unless there is something really fascinating to see! We have not been to any of these islands, so they will all be brand new. What do you think, fellow cruisers?

Bonaire is supposed to have absolutely spectacular snorkeling. I'd do it there out of all the island. Antigua might be a beach day. They have 365 beaches, one for every day of the year. Martinique, ugg. Never really liked it. Don't know about St. Eustasias, but would love to go there some day!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I can vouch for a fun day in Bonaire.

The first time we were there, we rented a jeep, and toured the island. Many things to see. I made my itinerary from books from Frommers and Fodders. We picked up the car at the Divi Beach Resort, headed south, and circled the island.The second time we were there we rented a minivan at Divi again, and six of us did our own tour of about 6 snorkel sights. Fun again.The third time, I got a sunburn in Aruba. Not fun. We walked the town that day, because that was all I could do.The fourth and fifth time, we took the Ferry (it looks like a Popeye boat) over to Klein Bonaire, and snorkeled all day. It is rustic there, so grab a sack lunch and bring plenty of water if you go over.

If you do an internet search on snorkeling in Bonaire, you will find a lot of good information.

Have a wonderful cruise!

AC

Edited by CaliforniaAC

We've enjoyed Antigua by sea and by land. A great cat sail on the Excellence includes a snorkel stop at Green Island and a nice tour of the coastline and English Harbor. Gorgeous 2-tiered cat with a great staff and lunch. Titles See Antigua by Sea through most lines.

We also enjoyed a land tour with Lawrence of Antigua, very courteous and professional guide and an excellent tour. We ended the day with lunch on a beach. Would recommend a personal tour rather than a group tour. Shirley Heights and Nelson's Dockyard are a must see on a land tour.