Has Hurricane Irene Affected Any NE/Canada Ports of Call?

YAC

I'm just wondering if Hurricane Irene has affected any of the New England/Canada ports of call. We're doing this trip from NYC to Halifax RT next month and would like to be prepared for any changes in our self guided tours. Thanks!:eek:

I'm just wondering if Hurricane Irene has affected any of the New England/Canada ports of call. We're doing this trip from NYC to Halifax RT next month and would like to be prepared for any changes in our self guided tours. Thanks!:eek:

As of now, nothing will be affected on your itinerary (assuming it's "regular" 5/7 nighter).. although that could change if another tropical system comes up the East Coast... the "mystery" of cruising during hurricane season.:eek: We were on cruise in '03 that encountered remnants of storm coming back from Halifax.. when it "hit" Halifax did quite a bit of damage but it's just a crapy shoot this time of year

Tropical Storm Irene washed out the main road from Portland to Mt. Washington Cog Railroad (US Route 302). There is another back road to get there but the trip will be longer. I don't know the expected date the road will be open again.

Check out http://www.nh.gov/dot/511/ if you're thinking about that excursion.

Archived