9-18-14 Thursday Weigh In - Water Water Everywhere

shootr

Here in the southwest it's quite the topic! I've been in the copper mines all week and they are a sloppy mess from storm after storm passing through.

So it might as well be the topic of the week - are you drinking enough? Some don't mind, some have to choke it down, but it's the simplest thing we can do in our quest to get - and stay healthy.

I can't weigh in until tomorrow (still on the road) but wanted to get the thread going - Belle, if you're listening, we're always thinking of you and yours and I try to remember to say a little player once in a while.

Eating has been great this week - after a 24 hour day Saturday rebuilding a conveyor and walking mine property after mine property this week - combined with grilled chicken dinners and no junk - I'm looking forward to the scale tomorrow!

So come on in, share the good, the bad, and the ugly - we're all friends and no beatings are allowed!

Shootr,

Thanks for starting the thread.

Hope you stay safe.

I gained 1 lb. I'm not sure if maybe I am gaining muscle since I joined a gym almost 2 months ago.

I can now pull my fat pants down while they are buttoned and zipped. So I know I am going in a good direction.

Good luck to everyone this week.

Diana

shootr, thanks for starting this thread. Have a safe trip home.

Diana, it is a great feeling to pull your pants down without opening them. :D I did that over the summer and I was thrilled.

I stayed the same this week. It is really hard to get these last three pounds off. Hopefully, next week I can report a loss.

I hope that Belle is okay.

Rose

HI all!

shootr ~ thanks for starting the thread & safe travels home.

Wonder where Belle is?

Jan is probably celebrating her birthday. Many happy healthy returns of the day, Jan!

I have good news, down 2.2 lbs this week. Guess it's my water weight from the cruise!

Diana ~ my doctor told me not to focus so much on the numbers but signs like the one you're having.

Hope we're all losers next time!;)

~ Jo ~ :)

I'm home, I'm dry, and my grandson is here too! I get to babysit while his Mom does her Nat'l Guard weekend duty and besides my wife, one of the very few she trusts with the lil' fella! (Probably because my mentality is at the same level as him :D)

WOW! Down 3lbs to 191 this morning. I guess stupid long hours can help with losing weight - but it's killing my soon-to-be 50 year old body...

Lot's of victories this week - awesome! Diana: that IS the best indicator of going in the right direction regardless of the scale numbers - looser clothes has got to be the sweetest feeling I know - not having to wonder if that shirt or those pair of shorts are the "tight" ones - it's just "anything goes"!

Chasing Jr. around this weekend will definitely help next weeks' effort. I'll try to post video later.

Hi There

My name is Grayz and I am excited to be cruising next March 15th on Carnival Valor. I had quite the shock at the end of the summer when I weighed myself. I quickly got back to the gym. They talked me into a trainer and seeing a sports nutritionist. I have been at it about 7 weeks and lost 8 pounds. I have 31 more to go. My nutritionist wants me to lose at a rate of 1 lb a week. It seems like a long slow road but I am up for it. I could use the support so would love to join your board.

HI all!

Grayz ~ welcome to the thread!:D Of course you can join, the more the merrier! Sounds like a good plan losing a pound a week & you're pretty much doing that. Where in this big province of Ontario are you please? Are you counting calories? A couple of us use My Fitness Pal to do that & really like it.

Have a great day!

HI all!

Grayz ~ welcome to the thread!:D Of course you can join, the more the merrier! Sounds like a good plan losing a pound a week & you're pretty much doing that. Where in this big province of Ontario are you please? Are you counting calories? A couple of us use My Fitness Pal to do that & really like it.

Have a great day!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am from just east of Toronto in Bowmanville. I notice you are in Prince Edward County which is pretty close to us as far as Ontario goes. My sports nutritionists doesn't have me counting calories. He has me counting protein, fiber and carbs. The biggest changes for me is to eat the largest meal in the morning, and then the lightest a dinner but to eat every 2 hours or so. For my weight I have to eat 123-164 g protein a day and 32 g of fiber a day. For fiber he says that we can't digest fiber but it helps us keep regular and fills us up. He limits my protein so there is no pork right now and only a few eggs a week. Egg whites I can have anytime as well as chicken and fish. For carbs I have to cut off most carbs half way through my day. I go to bed at 10 or so and get up at 6:30 or so ... he says my cut off should be 2-3. I can still have berries, grapefruit, cherries, tangerine, oranges, plums and pears after 3. Right now I can't have watermelon, dried fruit, juices, grapes or carrots at anytime. I also must limit my carbs to half what I would regularly take... ie, 1 piece of bread instead of 2. All complex carbs like bread, pasta and rice are eaten before 3. A friend of mine used my fitness pal and lost her weight successfully. I did try it but couldn't get my eating at night under control. This plan above seems to have helped me with my cravings and maintaining my blood sugar levels so I don't have cravings the way I used to. Glad to be here and share in the stories and support of the Board.

Poor me, in Las Vegas this week for "training" - yeah, OK. Exercise is easy, leave the truck in the parking garage and walk everywhere. Did 45 brisk minutes going over to Bilagio and Caesars Palace. Only at 700 calories so dinner can be reasonable, not crazy but not just a salad either.

This is the ferris wheel out back:

e56ea8c780c3899b2545c6131933a594.jpg

And the room has a full kitchen and jacuzzi tub so no excuse to eat bad or be sore after working out!

167e7cb9a16b067158149d9ca134efcb.jpg

Yeah, "training" [emoji1]

Hope everyone has as good a week as me.

HI all!

Grayz ~ yikes that sounds complicated but as long as it works & you're okay with it then what the heck!;)

shootr ~ hope that cute little feller didn't tire you out! Great to be working in Las Vegas & have such a nice room. I noticed you got a towel animal, that's strange for a hotel. Are you sure you're not cruising?:p Will you go on the ferris wheel?

Wonder what happened to Belle & Jan this week.:confused: See you Thursday with hopefully good news altho' I'm having lunch out today & did yesterday too.

~ Jo ~:)

Hope to go on the wheel Thursday (the company doing the training says tonight and tomorrow there is "team building" after dinner - it's close and would make sense, but who knows.

Got 40 hard minutes on the elliptical just now to get the blood pumping in case this as boring as whale stuff.

Yep, going to be a good week.

I was at 600 calories at lunch, then dinner was 1500, DANGIT!

Something about good company, having fun, etc. How the heck do I learn to not cave in? They served wings, steak, fries , coconut shrimp, nachos, etc family style. My count us pretty accurate, I didn't fudge, so that slaps my face in the morning.

Did a solid hour on the elliptical just now so I am starting fresh.

When I do the actual math: 2100 calories - 500 or so exercise is a net 1600 for the day, which according to all the charts is still on the losing side, so I have until Saturday to be good, that's when I get home, to see the final week total.

Yeah, I'm on here a lot-sucks being in a nice place away from work and the Mrs is back at home.

See ya later

9744f83a4fb96f631888a10593b841ef.jpg

Edited by shootr

I was at 600 calories at lunch, then dinner was 1500, DANGIT!

Something about good company, having fun, etc. How the heck do I learn to not cave in? They served wings, steak, fries , coconut shrimp, nachos, etc family style. My count us pretty accurate, I didn't fudge, so that slaps my face in the morning.

Did a solid hour on the elliptical just now so I am starting fresh.

When I do the actual math: 2100 calories - 500 or so exercise is a net 1600 for the day, which according to all the charts is still on the losing side, so I have until Saturday to be good, that's when I get home, to see the final week total.

Yeah, I'm on here a lot-sucks being in a nice place away from work and the Mrs is back at home.

See ya later

9744f83a4fb96f631888a10593b841ef.jpg

I totally get how you are feeling. I had a very crazy week that involved a fundraising event on Monday night including dinner and then leaving from Wed to Fri to a conference (not as nice as Vegas). I thought I was doing so well. It put a kink into my workouts for a few days but I really watched my food. Then Thursday night we went out drinking. When I met with my nurtritionalist on Friday I was 4 pounds up. WHAT???? I only had a few drinks. Back at it.