Hotel In Bali

The Mommy

Can anyone recommend a good beach front all inclusive hotel in Bali please

many thanks

OK. Let's get this started! Define good please. Think about what you want and what you MUST have (there is a difference and while at it what is most important). From just having decided on my hotel for Bali maybe I can help.

1. What area do you want to be in? Kuta (lower part of Bali south of airport) has lots of resorts, beaches, restaurants and touristy things to do. Cons: traffic, prices, dirt, confusion. My private driver says you will waste lots of time trying to get around and to other parts of Bali. UBUD lots of resorts and all kinds of places to visit but no beach. Good spas and fancy pools. Some of the resorts are wonderful but really isolated -- can't get anywhere without car and driving in Bali is a challenge. Lots of other areas that are a mix of resorts. Define big area and then refine to close to town out in country isolated beachfront.

2. Huge price ranges from less than US $80 night to US$1,000 night. Be realistic with your price range -- this will definitely knock out some:D

3. What kind of room? All kinds from "hotel room" to luxury villa with private pool and staff dedicated to your happiness. Meals included? Room only? How many must be accommodated (lots seem to be couple oriented only)

4. Ages and activity level of travel group -- good for old ladies is different from young children good. Teens might hate quiet spa resort and love the Candi Dasa area for diving and boating.

OK you have the idea. Come back with some answers and we will help. Dates help too. Do the area first or at least browse through Hotels.com or trip advisor and seeing what is where -- might give you hints for the other answers because price range and different kinds of rooms available in many areas.

The Oberoi at Legian Beach.

It's well away from all the drunk Australians at Kuta, and still retains the culture of

If you want a Family resort with a couple of pools, wifi, breakfast included, plenty of restaurants and bars outside the front gates, yet quiet in the hotel grounds and on the beach, the Padma Resort, Legian is a good starting point.

The Griya Santiran at Sanur is lovely (3 pools,breakfast, wifi, beach) with Sanur a lot quieter than Kuta or Legian. With many hotel booking sites you can put in your wish list and narrow it down, then check on Tripadvisor to see how people rate them. Just depends on whether you want away from it all, almost unspoiled tropical beauty, or the fun of the built up centres, within easy reach of the countryside.

And don't let the thought of drunken Aussies worry you, they will still be a lot more friendly, easy going and less stuck up than many others who visit Bali, say for example those from, oh I don't know.........France maybe.............

Whatever you decide may you have a safe and fabulous holiday :D

Edited by wangeling gal

I would also recommend Sanur and to avoid Kuta and Legion.

There are a number of beachfront hotels - just check tripadvisor or google beachfront hotels in Sanur (or wherever you decide).

My daughter loved the Griya Santrian while I liked Segara Village Hotel.

Forgot to say that the beach is sheltered by a reef, making the sea calm and fairly shallow which is not always the case at Kuta.

Edited by chrispb
omission

Thank you so very much for all the responses - I will try to explain our needs in a little better detail for guidance.

We do not intend to stay overnight in the hotel - returning to the ship each evening for dinner.

We are seeking a beach front hotel where we can purchase an all inclusive day pass

We have heard that Sanur is lovely but one hotel I have e mailed says they are a 2 hour drive away which is too far.

We would usually seek a Sandals type environment in the Caribbean - i.e. 5 star with no children.

We have absolutely no knowledge whatsoever of this region so do not know which area we will like.

I would describe us as young at heart and in our late 50's. We like nice food, music and would not be happy in areas that are overcrowded and dirty. We dont pursue water sports but like to be near the water on the beach.

Hope this paints a better picture

I will check out some of your suggestions - thank you all :)

• 2 weeks later...
Four seasons is my top choice; I loved my own patio and pool. Top notch hotel coffee too.

this is a hotel vs a day pass at a hotel.. i do ont think the hotel gives out rooms with pools for the day... wonder if the IC would.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi the mommy,

I just googled ' day passes to hotels in Bali' and there were a couple on there that you may be interested in. One was at club med Nusua Dua and another at the Intercontinental hotel. It was only a quick look, so you might be able to do a more thorough search.

Can you tell me exactly where you are docking, then maybe I will be able to tell you how far from places (roughly) you will be

I hope you find exactly what you're looking for!! :D

Edited by wangeling gal

Hi the mommy,

I just googled ' day passes to hotels in Bali' and there were a couple on there that you may be interested in. One was at club med Nusua Dua and another at the Intercontinental hotel. It was only a quick look, so you might be able to do a more thorough search.

Can you tell me exactly where you are docking, then maybe I will be able to tell you how far from places (roughly) you will be

I hope you find exactly what you're looking for!! :D

Hi and thank you for the offer of further assistance :)

We dock at Benoa.

I have had replies from Amanusa, Segara Village amd Four Seasons - not found an all -inc yet but will google now.

We want to do a trip through to Ubud and surrounding area, visit the sights, temple etc. We need a good tour guide for this - have you any recommendations please?

Thank you

We dock at Benoa.

I have had replies from Amanusa, Segara Village amd Four Seasons - not found an all -inc yet but will google now.

We want to do a trip through to Ubud and surrounding area, visit the sights, temple etc. We need a good tour guide for this - have you any recommendations please?

Thank you

tiyrs by locals. i am using them in bali and other ports.. i kept asking questions and got a nice 2 day tour including snockeling which is extra cost.

We dock at Benoa.

Thank you

Hi Mommy,

Benoa is not too far from Sanur - roughly 30-45 mins (if that). There is a whole new road system that makes travel to Sanur so much easier these days. Nusa Dua is closer.

Elbon reccomend Tours by Locals. I used them in India and Sri Lanka. They help you make contact with local operators who take you on your tour. You can design your tour to what you want, or they have ideas for you. When we travel to Bali, we normally chat to the drivers that are waiting at the airports/ports/hotels and we haven't been let down yet, but I can understand wanting to organise pre arrival. To travel by car in Bali is an adventure on its own!! :eek:

Balinese people are really lovely, you will enjoy spending time with them

Deb

What is this please?

KuDeTa is a beach club in Seminyak (about a 20-30 minute taxi ride from the port... which really, everything is a minimum 20-30 minute taxi ride from everywhere in Bali!)

It's a lovely place to have dinner or go dancing in the evenings, but during the day it's a great home base for individuals who want a home base for beach activities where they can also enjoy breakfast/lunch, change clothes/shower, and enjoy plush loungers.

http://www.kudeta.net/

There are two other Seminyak beach clubs of note as well - Potatohead (which is the sister establishment of a popular Jakarta restaurant) and Mozaic (the sister beach club of a notable Ubud dining spot).

http://www.ptthead.com/potato-head-beach-club/

http://www.mozaic-beachclub.com/

I've heard from friends that Potatohead is nice in the daytime (I've only been in the evenings) and I know from experience that Moziac is more subdued. Moziac shares a rockier beachfront with the W Hotel - if you want less rugged terrain, I recommend KuDeTa or Potatohead.

Thank you for all the great information.

We have selected 3 hotels, Amanusa, Segara Village and Four Seasons.

Amanusa is the most expensive but all look lovely.

Has anyone any personal experience of any of these please?

We are now considering Ku De Ta as a strong option - thank you for the suggestion and information.

Will check out Tours by Locals

Does anyone know taxi prices please?

Thank you for all the great information.

We have selected 3 hotels, Amanusa, Segara Village and Four Seasons.

Amanusa is the most expensive but all look lovely.

Has anyone any personal experience of any of these please?

We are now considering Ku De Ta as a strong option - thank you for the suggestion and information.

Will check out Tours by Locals

Does anyone know taxi prices please?

no, to taxi's was there a long time ago. i stayed at the IC and walked over to the Four Seasons..going back this winter by ship and using tours by locals.. next year cruise starts in Bali and thinking of staying at four season this time. but the Ic has great pool areas and sunset on the beach

The Mommy - I'm amazed you have a quote from Amanusa. That is by far the most exclusive hotel in the area and the best choice by far in that part of Bali. It is an intimate, sophisticated resort with a stunning pool. It's set quite a way back from the beach but they have golf buggies to the beach club. Whatever they are charging I'd do it. If you've not seen an Aman resort before you will be spoiled forever.

The Mommy - I'm amazed you have a quote from Amanusa. That is by far the most exclusive hotel in the area and the best choice by far in that part of Bali. It is an intimate, sophisticated resort with a stunning pool. It's set quite a way back from the beach but they have golf buggies to the beach club. Whatever they are charging I'd do it. If you've not seen an Aman resort before you will be spoiled forever.

Thanks for the tip Fletcher. We have already decided to book Amanusa and your comments have pleased us immensely.

I see you are from Norfolk - I lived there for many years and my brother and his wife still do - they will be travelling down and joining us on this cruise.

• 1 month later...