Which extended aft on Sunshine???

wantocruisemore

Getting ready to book and since there will be 3 in the room decided on an aft extended balcony. We love aft balconies but know location and deck is important. We normally get 1 floor below Lido/pool deck but understand on Sunshine there may be noise late? Which deck is recommended and are there any larger aft extendeds like the side ones on Triumph on certain deck? Photos would be appreciated.

If late night noise will bother you, do NOT book an aft on deck 8 (under the Havana bar on the Lido deck)! BOOMaBOOMaBOOMa....I think we were directly under the speakers. It did get somewhat better after the first night (I think it's possible they lowered the bass or moved the speakers), and we were used to it a couple of nights in, but, whew, that first night...!:eek:

Now, if you will BE in the Havana bar or elsewhere until the wee hours, no problem.

Ext afts next to the corner wraps are much smaller than the other ext afts on Deck 7. If the room description does not say sofa and coffee table, but only desk and chair, it is a smaller cabin. Been in one of the smaller ext afts, Deck 7 on the Breeze and I was very unhappy with the room size. Balconies are still large in the sm cabins. Spend your money on the larger ext afts. I don't know about the other decks.

I would go with deck 5. They are newest cabins that were added with the refurb. Plus you're just a short walk to the breakfast buffet at the taste bar. Deck 5 is also the only deck that has mini fridges in their aft cabins.

Thanks for all the replies. Now trying to decide on a date since daughter now wants a Halloween cruise instead of November, so also considering Magic. However doesn't have Guys Burgers and my husband loves that, so may be cruising out of Norfolk.

Someone mentioned aft cabins do not have frig? That's something I need due to daughters insulin.

A little uneasy about noise, especially with holiday, so may end up on deck 7. But need to make sure there would be a frig.

Edited by wantocruisemore

Thanks for all the replies. Now trying to decide on a date since daughter now wants a Halloween cruise instead of November, so also considering Magic.

The center afts on Magic are larger than the afts adjacent to the corner wraps. As a poster already pointed out, make sure you have a sofa in your cabin description if you want the larger area.

6373 was perfect!!! Balcony was huge. Cabin was quiet and decent size. The 1st picture is of me in my shady spot and my husband in the sun at the other end.

[ATTACH]362161[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]362162[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]362163[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]362164[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]362165[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]362166[/ATTACH]

Thank you for the pics! We have this cabin booked for January - after spending this week running myself to death at Disney World that balcony is going to be like heaven!!