Cozumel- Nachi Cocum vs Mr. Sanchos final payment

13cheermom

Just wondered,searched and found where if you need to cancel Nachi Cocum it has to be done within 14 days of excursion date and has to be submitted in writing or they will go ahead and charge you credit card for balance. Does anyone know what Mr. Sanchos policy is on this? I realize for AI the deposit amount is $11/pp for Nachi Cocum whereas Mr. Sanchos it's only $5/pp which is nonrefundable unless hurricane or ship itinerary changes. I'm not concerned about that but not crazy about the rest of balance being charged if we end up not going for some reason. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks for any information

I've never booked Nachi and not showed up and had a great time - why would you not go? :confused:

I understand their policy - if they reach their limit and are turning away other customers and then your group does not show up they are out $50plus tips for each of you, money they cannot recover because they already turned the other customers away.

If you are not certain about Nachi I would not book it -- Mr. Sanchos will accept walk up business and you should focus on that beach club.

• 1 month later...
I'm sure it's more a matter of if your ship is not able to dock and you don't want to be out that money because of that.

Nah...from their website:

What would happen if my ship does not come to Cozumel?

In the event that you Ship will not be able to visit the Port of Cozumel your deposit will be 100% refunded (none automatic refunds will proceed, please contact us).

We booked Nachi Cocom last November. When we arrived it was chilly and overcast. We headed out hoping the weather would change. The place is beautiful! They took us to our umbrella and we set up. I wrapped up in a towel as it was really chilly and then the rain came. We ran to the eating area. We ate lunch but then we were so wet and miserable we headed back to the ship. We are going back to Cozumel in December this time not going back as I do not want to risk another bad weather day and feeling obligated to go because we had already paid. In their defense they are very small and limit their clientele. It would be difficult to absorb the loss if you had a bad weather day and no one showed up so I can understand why they do it. My suggestion, see how many ships are going to be in port the day you are there and if you want to gamble the $55. Honestly, the weather is more sunny and beautiful as opposed to what we experienced so the odds are on your side. If I knew there were going to be a lot ships in port I would chance Nachi Cocom unless you are willing to deal with crowds.

Good Luck!