Carnival liberty dining menu 2014

Boats And Ho's

Hey everyone! We have a burning question among our cruising party for Sept. 13, 2014 aboard the Carnival Liberty!

What has changed about the menu's!??!!?

We have conflicting reports that it's the same old same old (we are Platinum status, last cruise this past October.) and some saying it's the American Family where you share side dishes with strangers!!!

Someone PLEASE clear this up!!! Thank You!!!

It is the American table. We got off the Liberty a week ago. You order your own sides, because most the entrees do not come with them. It also gives you an upgraded menu option to add steaks from the steakhouse for $20. The food was the best I have had during my 10 years of cruising.

Hey everyone! We have a burning question among our cruising party for Sept. 13' date=' 2014 aboard the Carnival Liberty!

What has changed about the menu's!??!!?

We have conflicting reports that it's the same old same old (we are Platinum status, last cruise this past October.) and some saying it's the American Family where you share side dishes with strangers!!!

Someone PLEASE clear this up!!! Thank You!!![/quote']

I was on the Liberty in May on the first 8 day sailing out of PC. They had the new American Menu but I don't recall any foods that we were sharing (tho I know that's indicated on the menu)

I have to say that I have always raved about carnival and their food but that was my least favorite dining experience. :( It was a very confused air, service was confused and slow. I've expressed these views to CCL & John Heald. Didn't know if it was the new itinerary, the new menu, the galley??? :confused:

I've been reading all the recent reviews and things seem to have improved greatly. Haven't seen any complaints lately. I've booked the Liberty again in Nov...I just love the ship.

Do not fear, the shrimp cocktail is still there ...as many as you want :D:D

Do they have different flatbreads on the Liberty each night or do they stay the same? On that site, it shows the flatbread toppings are always caramelized onions, mushrooms, and ricotta cheese but I know I've seen people talk about other toppings.

Do they have different flatbreads on the Liberty each night or do they stay the same? On that site, it shows the flatbread toppings are always caramelized onions, mushrooms, and ricotta cheese but I know I've seen people talk about other toppings.

A different flatbread was offered every night. However, I can't remember if these were offered at all during the elegant nights.

Check out Zydeco Cruiser's site for all of the menus -- zydecocruiser dot com

These menus actually do not reflect the tweaking they have done since starting the new menus.

By mid-May on the Liberty they had it better together. They had brought back the creme brûlée and Grand Mariner soufflé, they did not have the cold soups then but I understand they have some of those brought back.

Most everything we tried was very good. We were not displeased.

These menus actually do not reflect the tweaking they have done since starting the new menus.

By mid-May on the Liberty they had it better together. They had brought back the creme brûlée and Grand Mariner soufflé, they did not have the cold soups then but I understand they have some of those brought back.

Most everything we tried was very good. We were not displeased.

Yeah, I realize that there has been a lot of tweaking (not twerking! :eek: :D ) of the menus since Zydeco posted his, but thought it was at least someplace to start, and the only place I know of where they have the menus in writing.

Wondering on Liberty - since flatbread change, do they have rolls anymore? Is flatbread brought to table with water etc. thanks-

Adjusting to idea that we will now be on Liberty (a great ship) but still on fence on new menu concept. Hope a lot of tweaking is happening. For one ribs on formal night....lol

Wondering on Liberty - since flatbread change, do they have rolls anymore? Is flatbread brought to table with water etc. thanks-

Adjusting to idea that we will now be on Liberty (a great ship) but still on fence on new menu concept. Hope a lot of tweaking is happening. For one ribs on formal night....lol

Yes, they still have rolls. However, they are served in a basket with a variety of breads. As for the flatbread, it is on the menu as a starter.

Just off Liberty and I didn't love the American Table menu. I'm hardly a foodie - prefer pretty basic stuff - and I found it very limited. Some nights I just had salad & soup... and dessert, of course. :D

That said, the lobster on formal night was impeccable. I do not know how they cook lobster for so many, and have it turn out perfect! It was sublime... a word I don't often use. :)

• 1 month later...

We got back on the 21st of September but due to all the catching up as we run our own business this is the first chance I've had to post!

IT WAS EXCELLENT DINING ON THE LIBERTY SEPT 13-21, 2014 !!!

The main difference I saw was that the portions were much smaller than usual. BUT, there were tons of items so what would have been one meal you can now get two or three things to try for the same volume of food!

Being able to pick and choose sides is nice too.

THE FLATBREAD'S WERE INCREDIBLE!!!

If you go before Christmas (as his contract ends at that time and he goes on break) ask for Head Waiter Christopher in the Golden Olympian Dining Room!

We are Platinum so we have anytime dining and we requested him all week!!!

Greatest Head Waiter we've ever had!!!

I loved it, and to qualify, I am a food snob!!!

Thank You!

We were also on Liberty the week you were Boats and we liked the menu as well. I didn't try the flat breads but the rolls were really good. I liked being able to order mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli every night.

I also liked that the ribs my DH gets every cruise is now not served on Cruise Elegant night. I am hoping that we get moved from the wait-list for My time dining as we really enjoyed that on our cruise.

We were on the Liberty at the end of June. They had the new menus with a different flatbread every night. They also had the bitter n blanc as well as grand mariner soufflé for dessert that everyone enjoys so much.

I liked the port of call suggestions just to try something different. Also, when we went, they had added some of the cold soups back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the creme brûlée was on the first night as we missed it because we went to the steakhouse. We did My time dining and on the last night the couple we sat next to (tables for 2 are realllllllllllllly close to the next one) and chatted with through dinner had requested the creme brûlée and told the waiter. He brought them two and fortunately for me, the wife didn't want it, so guess who got to have it after all?

That was an 8 day cruise and this time we won't be going to the steakhouse the first night, so hopefully, it will be served again the first night.

• 3 weeks later...
On the prior American Table menus they had calamari every night, when they tweaked the menu was the calamari still on there every night. It happens to be mine and DHs favorite food. Not a deal breaker, but just curious.

This past May they only had calamari on the first night. I tried it and really liked it.

Also, someone further up the thread said they had brought bitter n Blanc back. I don't think this is accurate. They had a banana white chocolate bread pudding but it was the worst dish of the week. The grand mariner was very good though.

This past May they only had calamari on the first night. I tried it and really liked it.

Also, someone further up the thread said they had brought bitter n Blanc back. I don't think this is accurate. They had a banana white chocolate bread pudding but it was the worst dish of the week. The grand mariner was very good though.

Thanks!