private tour recommendation for Costa Maya, esp for ruins and activity for kid

ep1080

Hi, I would go to the ruins, but kids want " activity" ,can someone recommend some names for private company

What activity would you recommend for teenagers ( we would go to tubing in Belize, ATV in Cozumel,

want something different in Costa Maya if possible)

thanks so much

Edited by ep1080

hi, thanks for the suggestion for Native Choice. I think I will go on that

one to Chacchoben Mayan ruins, but I don't think the teenagers would

enjoy that nor the food tour that Native choice offers. I think they want

something "active" like power boat, kayak, snorkel( maybe), parasailing etc. Is there any tours for the teenagers?

thanks

There are ATV and bicycle tours that go along the malecon and south of Mahahual. Some of these are ship sponsored, others by private vendors. Google costamayaexcursions or costamayacrusieexcursions and take a look. Some ships have offered snorkeling/beach packages that go up to Uvero Beach to the north of the port. But they don't always mention which beach in their literature and sometimes these beaches change.

Tequila Beach along the malecon has jet skis. Other places there have kayaks or can set you up with a kayak renter. You can go to these places on your own.

Hi, is there any other tour that go to Chacchoben Mayan ruins other than

Native tour, they are I cannot remember if it is $55 or $65, trying to see

if I can find something a little less costly

thanks a lot

• 5 weeks later...
Some ships have offered snorkeling/beach packages that go up to Uvero Beach to the north of the port. But they don't always mention which beach in their literature and sometimes these beaches change.

Crew-can you tell me where the location of this Uvero Beach is? I have tried to locate it on google earth and it can't seem to locate that name. Is it called something else as well?

Sorry to have missed your post mitsu, glad c-leg5, picked it up. Not a night owl on the web any more. :D

It's a decent snorkeling beach and there are pictures somewhere in the back pages on of cruisers excursions there. But I think it's one of those places that's "cruise ship" centric and doesn't take non-cruise ship booked guests. If you find differently, let us know on the board. I'd love to direct DW and SILs there as they are snorkelers. But don't like cruise ship excursions.

No problem crew. I figured you'd chime in sooner or later if someone didn't answer.

From the information I'm gathering, it looks like this is a cruise ship only booking and can't be booked outside of that. While I don't really care for cruise ship excursions, sometimes they work out fine.

I'm just really struggling with what to do here and this place was mentioned by another friend we have cruised with in the past and still remain friends. They have been here before and loved it and are going back next month so I thought I would check it out. I can't seem to get anywhere with Blue Kay/Bay like I wanted and nothing else seems to check out.

From looking at multiple pictures on the web and videos, this place doesn't look like the pretty blue water of Almaplena that I'm looking for, but with the added snorkeling area, it does look kind of neat.

I'm interested in the "floating dock" or whatever it is out there in the water. I seen someone mention there's a floating dock out there that is covering the coral to protect it, but somehow I find it hard to believe that's what it's there for. I will need to get more info on that part and see just how far a swim it is out there, do the locals take you out there on their small boats I have seen on videos, and how deep it is. Back to my research. :D

I think you'll find it a tad better for snorkeling than the malecon and maybe the south beaches. I've seen the area a year after the hurricanes, so wasn't rebuild yet, but quiet coast sparsely populated. Rockier shore line. There is a floating dock that's a popular hang out based on pictures I've seen. I would hesitate to compare the snorkeling to Roatan's Western coast or off shore in Belize.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, I would go to the ruins, but kids want " activity" ,can someone recommend some names for private company

What activity would you recommend for teenagers ( we would go to tubing in Belize, ATV in Cozumel,

want something different in Costa Maya if possible)

thanks so much

Native choice has one that goes to the ruins but also goes to bacalar lagoon that has kayaking...