Avoid the crowds???

rhinomike

After reading reviews here I have decided to reserve spots at either Maya Chan or Almaplena. Which one will be less crowded? We don't like crowds. I am thinking Almaplena. Plus the water sounds better there.

Or I'd there somewhere else that will be less crowded.

We will be there 1/2/15 on the NCL Dawn.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been twice now, to Almaplena. There is absolutely no crowd. It's a small eco hotel with only 6 rooms. The property is drop dead gorgeous. The water is clear and there is a very pristine reef not to far off shore. The water can be choppy, however, which might affect snorkeling.

The Italian owners are charming and very hospitable. They serve a nice lunch and the drinks are served to you beach chair. I forget I'm on a cruise when I'm there because there are only a few people on the property.

They will pick you up and return you to the port in a pre-paid private taxi.

I come back from Almaplena feeling purged and renewed. The massages are cheap and professional.

I'm going back to Cota Maya in November. I'd like to do the Mayan ruins for change, but I can't seem to resist Almaplena.

Have a great time, whatever you choose!

The less crowded option would be Almaplena. They only allow 20 cruise passengers there a day and I can almost garauntee that there probably won't be that many (most people don't know about this place unless they are on here and one of us have recommended it).

Then like another said, they only have a 6 room eco hotel, so even then you might not see anyone from the hotel.

We felt like there wasn't anyone there and had the place to ourselves. It was heaven and beautiful and the water crystal clear.

(I have a full review of both places in my signature line and pictures if you are interested). :)

Thank you for the responses. After reading all this we decided on Almaplena. We are already booked and the deposit has been made. With 6 of us that only leaves a few spaces left. Perfect. Thanks again.

I hope you have a wonderful time at Almaplena. :)