Shapewear

mckalesmom

I will ordinarily wear shapewear under a dress for work or a social occasion... On my recent cruise I brought a full slip style shaper and a "bottoms only" to prevent chafing under a skirt or dress. Didn't end up wearing either, and it was quite liberating ;) I did wear a pair of control top hose under a fairly body- conscious gown. My husband laughs when I put any of that stuff on under clothes... He doesn't get it and thinks I look great without it. (that's when you know you've got a good one). ;)

I had a pair of high waist boy shorts once. And only once. Wore them to a birthday dinner and spent the night pulling down the legs which kept rolling up and up and up…:eek:

The high waist wasn't bad as long as I kept it pulled up to the bra line. So I bought a plain panty/high waist one and wear that under black dress for formal nights. Much better. Makes a nice substitute for light control pantyhose slimming effect. It's a Maidenform from Kohls (on sale with coupon of course!).

Melissa

There is a difference in the fit between the Assets brand (discount brand) and real Spanx. Once I finally got the hang of putting on Spanx I was thrilled with the results and never felt like a sausage.

Can you please tell me where to find the correct way to put on Spanx??

I agree with many that shape wear isn't really helpful for everyone. I have a lot of loose skin after losing 105 pounds years ago and so it works well to help smooth me out. If your problem spots are compressible it is possible to smooth them out but I'm not expecting a miracle or to become a size smaller; and I still wear clothing that is fitted for and best complements my body type.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Edited by sherilyn70