Seeking Cruise in July or August 2015

Sparky74

DW & I are Australians who are planning a trip to the UK in July and August next year (2015).

I'm trying to find a reasonably priced cruise (ie less than about £80/person/night) to fit in with our land based holiday but I'm starting to wonder if such a cruise exists!

Does anyone have any ideas?

Additional Info:

We live in Australia but are planning an 8 week holiday for next year (2015).

We have commitments in Australia in May and have an event we need to be at in London for the 1st week of July.

It would be great to get to the Edinburg Military Tattoo and be in town for some of the Festival (August).

DW loves Hong Kong so I'm thinking we should try to stop over for a couple of days, probably on the way home. This should help make us more refreshed for heading back to work. I'm not a fan of long flights at the end of a holiday.

We both enjoy cruising (in October we will be taking our 8th since we started in 2010). We have only sailed with Royal Caribbean to date and are preparing for our first Celebrity cruise in 9 weeks time. We don't really care where the cruise goes to. I was just thinking I might be able to find a reasonably priced round trip out of the UK, whatever ports we call at would be a bonus. At home we try not to pay more than $100 (£55) person/night. But we don't have kids so can avoid the school holidays. Is my £80 budget unrealistic?

At this stage I'm thinking if we fly out of Australia on around 28th June. That would get us to London in plenty of time for our event (1st - 5th July). If we head up to Edinburgh in early August we could fly to Hong Kong somewhere around 15th August, spend nearly a week in HK before flying home around 22nd August. (That makes 8 weeks by my calculations.) So a July cruise is probably going to work better.

I've also posted to the Aussie cruisers board.

All suggestions welcome.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You didn't say what type of cabin you would prefer - balcony, oceanview or inside?

Anyway, I see from the Australia forum you seem to have found a cruise you like:

At the moment we're looking at a 14 night "Italian Mediterranean Adventure" on Explorer of the Seas out of Southampton on 12 July 2015 for $4124 for both of us including taxes, fees and prepaid gratuities. That works out to just over $147/person/night.

I don't think I'm likely to find anything better, am I? And we good old RCI it means we'll earn C&A points so we'll be Diamond members for our next cruise - not that it means much to us; just a few nice perks.

You didn't say what type of cabin you would prefer - balcony, oceanview or inside?

Anyway, I see from the Australia forum you seem to have found a cruise you like:

Oh, I'm cheap! Inside cabin.

At you seriously suggesting that I might be able to get anything else for that price, out of the UK in July?

I've found a 14 night "Italian Mediterranean Adventure" on Explorer of the Seas out of Southampton on 12 July 2015 for $4124 AUS (approx £2260) for both of us including taxes, fees and prepaid gratuities. That works out to just over $147/person/night (about £80).

But I'm still open to other suggestions.

• 4 weeks later...

Check cruises from Southampton, celebrity eclipse and royal independence and adventure sail from there. Celebrity does the baltics one trip followed by the med so there are a few options. Just watch the med as it goes across the bay of biscay which can be rough and many sea days. You will also be able to pick up an 8 night Norwegian fjords that time of year, very picturesque

• 4 months later...

After a hiatus from CC, I'm back!

Yesterday afternoon I booked an European cruise for July 2015. 12 nights in the Baltic out of Harwich on Brilliance of the Seas for just over $150pp/night including gratuities for an inside cabin. This is a great inclusion for our 8 week UK/Europe holiday.

DW wants to pop over to Paris to go to Disneyland and we'll break our journey in Hong Kong on the way home which will mean another Disneyland visit.