Question regarding luggage drop off or not at Port Liberty NJ

Beckery73

I understand there is a parking garage to leave your car at. Are you able to drop your luggage off first then park at the garage? What is the process? Thanks!

Yes, there are signs directing you to where you drop off your bags. A porter puts a tracking number on the bag and then gives you a receipt so you can track it with the Royal IQ app. We didn't try to see if it worked or not, have heard it sometimes doesn't show accurate information for your bag. You then can go park. The garage is really close by.

You should join the rollcall for the cruise, we are on the sailing too. Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2321596

Just FYI it is really easy to just keep your luggage when you park. As you enter parking area you can drop one person with bags as you enter. They can wait with bags you go park and walk back. Then there is a very large freight type elevator to take you down to check in area. It's really simple.

Dropping luggage I think I read on here requires you to enter drop off,drop luggage then exit back out of port area circle around to get in line for parking. Depending on when you arrive I would imagine that could take awhile.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, we have always done the park thing and are planning on doing that in May again.

Just FYI it is really easy to just keep your luggage when you park. As you enter parking area you can drop one person with bags as you enter. They can wait with bags you go park and walk back. Then there is a very large freight type elevator to take you down to check in area. It's really simple.

Dropping luggage I think I read on here requires you to enter drop off,drop luggage then exit back out of port area circle around to get in line for parking. Depending on when you arrive I would imagine that could take awhile.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, we have always done the park thing and are planning on doing that in May again.

Are you talking about at the new terminal? We were able to just drop bags and then you kind of drive straight and then take a right into the garage. We didn't have to circle back to a line.

Sailed out of the new terminal a couple of times. For those who haven't sailed out of Cape Liberty recently you can now embark directly from the new terminal.

Follow the line of cars to drop luggage and passengers off. Depending on arrival time the line can be long but it moves. There is someone directing traffic to the next available bay for luggage drop-off. As you leave the drop off area make a right into the parking garage. The parking garage is right next to the ship, it couldn't be any closer.

To give you an idea of distance when the ship has backed into port - luggage and passenger drop off loops around near the front of the ship, the terminal entrance is next which is about mid ship and the parking garage is right past the back of the ship. It's that close and simple. No need to do any other looping around.

I have not been able to figure out a way to get to the parking garage directly from the road without by passing the drop off area.

I have not been able to figure out a way to get to the parking garage directly from the road without by passing the drop off area.

What were they thinking when they designed the parking access! The garage is so close I think many folks would choose to park and roll their luggage, which IMO would significantly ease the congestion getting to the luggage drop off for those who really need it. I know I'd do it to avoid sitting in the drop off line.