Flying from Honolulu

Dem920

We are flying in to Papeete fron Honolulu but they only fly once a week. The flight gets in at 9:30 pm and the ship is scheduled to leave at 11:30 pm. Will I be ok. It is the only choice without coming in a week early. 😳

We are flying in to Papeete fron Honolulu but they only fly once a week. The flight gets in at 9:30 pm and the ship is scheduled to leave at 11:30 pm. Will I be ok. It is the only choice without coming in a week early. 😳

Please advise your agent and the ship as to what flight you are coming in. My agent was really concerned because the Auckland flight came in at 10.30 on the day and didn't rest until she knew it had landed.

Make a contingency plan in case you miss the ship. I had already planned to fly to Tahaa and join there if my flight missed the ship. Keep your agent and PG phone numbers handy and check out the flights to the first couple of ports.

Please advise your agent and the ship as to what flight you are coming in. My agent was really concerned because the Auckland flight came in at 10.30 on the day and didn't rest until she knew it had landed.

Make a contingency plan in case you miss the ship. I had already planned to fly to Tahaa and join there if my flight missed the ship. Keep your agent and PG phone numbers handy and check out the flights to the first couple of ports.

You should be OK but as Emdee stated good to have your TA contact PG so they are alerted as to your flight. Or contact PG directly if you don't have a TA.

This is a good point to make. We've always taken a flight that arrives in the early AM or a day or two prior. If we were to take a flight that arrived only a few hours prior to PG departing I would make sure the flight was a package you purchased from PG. The PG 95% of the time leaves right on time but occasionally there might be a small delay waiting for a flight that is late. Little things you learn after many years of traveling to FP .... always have a good plan and a backup plan.

You should be OK but as Emdee stated good to have your TA contact PG so they are alerted as to your flight. Or contact PG directly if you don't have a TA.

This is a good point to make. We've always taken a flight that arrives in the early AM or a day or two prior. If we were to take a flight that arrived only a few hours prior to PG departing I would make sure the flight was a package you purchased from PG. The PG 95% of the time leaves right on time but occasionally there might be a small delay waiting for a flight that is late. Little things you learn after many years of traveling to FP .... always have a good plan and a backup plan.

Because our trip to FP in Jan was at the end of two other trips taking an earlier flight would have meant giving up something else. Possibly giving up a couple of days on the PG was the easier solution for us.which as luck would have it we didn't have to forego.

Now if the PG was a once in a lifetime trip we would make sure to arrive earlier.....

All good advice, but we have now been on seven Gauguin cruises and never have we had a problem on the Hawaiian flight. Because we are Hawaii residents, PG knows that passengers are on that flight. Never had to call and never used a TA for the PG, but safe negates sorry, so take the advice and trip insurance if it covers air delays.

I don't think the ship waits for non PG air passengers. This is something our friends should clear with PG about what happens if the plane is delayed. Buying trip insurance is a good idea to take care of any delays.

We bumped into 2 young girls who decided to fly to LAX and then return on the PG air plan just to avoid this problem.

If the ship is told in advance then they try to wait for flights within reason even if you are not on their air.

Mediapro just because you are a Hawaiian res and been on 7 PG trips doesn't mean they know you will be on that flight.

I am a Canadian resident who has flown to the PG from LAX, from HNL and this year from Auckland on my 10 trips on the PG. So letting them know your flight details is prudent.

Makes better sense to get there a day or two early but sometimes it's just not feasible. The same can be said of any cruise,really. Though many of the cruises we go on begin with an overnight in the first port so that allays the stress.