James Tours

Katiekakes

we were just in St Lucia 01/17/14 off the Adventure of the Seas

Cosol tours is by far and away the tour to take

There were over 100 of us total from the ship on Cosol. Not a group of 100. 100 separate cruisers that researched and picked the best. The small cruise terminal was packed with us Cosol tourists

we have been on dozens of cruises and have never seen anything like the private tour attraction of Cosol Tours. 100+ passengers staging for a private tour group. And he gets it done, we were out of there and on an adventure of a life time by 8:20

10+ nice newer vans, he corners the market. Be off at 8am and join the Cosol adventure

Because of the volume, the $65 paid is $ well spent, 8am to 3:30pm, an unbelievable experience

no waiting at attractions, front row parking, the parking police just waved us to the front row, at each stop. No ticket booths, no lines, we just walked right into each attraction.

no mixups, no confusion, no unpleasant waiting, no let downs, not a single dull moment

Make sure to do the lava mud bath, our skin was soft for days, and no unpleasant lasting smell.

We had Ben as a driver. He was like a phd in the island vegetation and history, and extremely well spoken

• 2 months later...
we were just in St Lucia 01/17/14 off the Adventure of the Seas

Cosol tours is by far and away the tour to take

There were over 100 of us total from the ship on Cosol. Not a group of 100. 100 separate cruisers that researched and picked the best. The small cruise terminal was packed with us Cosol tourists

we have been on dozens of cruises and have never seen anything like the private tour attraction of Cosol Tours. 100+ passengers staging for a private tour group. And he gets it done, we were out of there and on an adventure of a life time by 8:20

10+ nice newer vans, he corners the market. Be off at 8am and join the Cosol adventure

Because of the volume, the $65 paid is $ well spent, 8am to 3:30pm, an unbelievable experience

no waiting at attractions, front row parking, the parking police just waved us to the front row, at each stop. No ticket booths, no lines, we just walked right into each attraction.

no mixups, no confusion, no unpleasant waiting, no let downs, not a single dull moment

Make sure to do the lava mud bath, our skin was soft for days, and no unpleasant lasting smell.

We had Ben as a driver. He was like a phd in the island vegetation and history, and extremely well spoken

sound just like taking a tour from the ship?

• 4 months later...
sound just like taking a tour from the ship?

I just came from vacation in St.Lucia. My family and i did stayed at the Sandals Regency hotel. We pre booked a tour with James Touring service and we went on the tour on the 4th of September. I was quite please with their touring service. The bus arrived on time at the front lobby and it was sparkling clean with a Steelers logo all over it! The bus looked fantastic! Inside, we couldn't believe there was internet access on the bus! The drinks on the bus were cold and especially the rum punch. It was the best i've ever tasted! The seats were comfortable and the bus was cool with the a/c on. James himself knew everything about the island, there was no question that i asked him that he couldn't give me the answer to. I was pleasantly surprised. At the mud bath, i was amazed by the way James handled the crowd, the cruise ship was in that day so everyone was begging for mud. James took it upon himself to go into the volcano and get the mud for us. When he came back with the mud all the cruise ship members were begging us for some of our mud. James told them that when we were they could have the rest. He was kind enough to give them the rest of our mud. We were not too impressed with the waterfall, we found it quite small as compared to the ones in Canada. The lunch was delicious! We ate at La Haut in Soufriere and it was beautiful. There was a really big buffet, i was so happy. After lunch, James took us to Marigot Bay the beach was breathtaking... Thank you James.. i highly recommend anyone to use his touring service. :)

Edited by cat_eyes14

• 1 month later...
I just came from vacation in St.Lucia. My family and i did stayed at the Sandals Regency hotel. We pre booked a tour with James Touring service and we went on the tour on the 4th of September. I was quite please with their touring service. The bus arrived on time at the front lobby and it was sparkling clean with a Steelers logo all over it! The bus looked fantastic! Inside, we couldn't believe there was internet access on the bus! The drinks on the bus were cold and especially the rum punch. It was the best i've ever tasted! The seats were comfortable and the bus was cool with the a/c on. James himself knew everything about the island, there was no question that i asked him that he couldn't give me the answer to. I was pleasantly surprised. At the mud bath, i was amazed by the way James handled the crowd, the cruise ship was in that day so everyone was begging for mud. James took it upon himself to go into the volcano and get the mud for us. When he came back with the mud all the cruise ship members were begging us for some of our mud. James told them that when we were they could have the rest. He was kind enough to give them the rest of our mud. We were not too impressed with the waterfall, we found it quite small as compared to the ones in Canada. The lunch was delicious! We ate at La Haut in Soufriere and it was beautiful. There was a really big buffet, i was so happy. After lunch, James took us to Marigot Bay the beach was breathtaking... Thank you James.. i highly recommend anyone to use his touring service. :)

I did a tour with James recently and it was amazing! James is awesome!! The tour included lunch and drinks and the ride so comfortable plus there was free wifi on the bus! We were so relaxed and we were treated very well... Thank you James, i highly recommend James' Tours. :)

I have been looking through the posts about James Touring, and this just is not true. The thread titled "James Tours or Spencer Ambrose? Can't decide - Help!" has 4 or 5 negative reviews. Some of the posters later said that James called them after they posted on CC and he apologized, but that doesn't take away from a bad tour.

Also, Martytap, alot of the positive reviews and comments are from you! You seem to be a constant cheerleader for James, even to the point of insulting people who have different opinions.

There are alot of "positive" comments about JAmes from people who haven't even toured with him yet. Their comments are solely about how quickly he answered their request for a tour, and "what good customer service." This is a recurring theme. Then it turns out that that one poster revealed that she was urged by James to post a positive comment about how quickly he responded. He even offered a free tour if she did this.

This makes me wonder about the authenticity of some of the "Positive" reviews.

First I want to say I took James Tours last year and it was a wonderful excursion well worth the money and time. We had 6 of us in a van 2 diabetics and one of the diabetics was handicapped. He was wonderful to our handicapped friend!! We did not want to spend time at a beach so James tailored the tour to suit our needs. The food we had was wonderful, even a full lunch was included. I know there are lots of cheerleaders for all the touring companies, but from experience you won't be sorry booking with James. I don't know about other drivers he has we did have James and had a blast. I am a VERY nervous passenger, and I never felt scared during this tour with his driving. I had seen other vans whipping around those roads and passing others and I was glad I wasn't in those vans. Not bashing other companies.

• 1 month later...

This was our first time in St Lucia off of Royal Carribean Cruise Lines in Dec 2014 and we took a private tour with JAMES TOURS. We had the best tour with James himself. He was very informative of the island and he answered all of our question. He was right there at the pier at 9:00 am. We took the land tour and for $70.00 a person it was well worth it. We stopped at the banana plantation and had a sample banana and down the road we fed the goats the banana peels. We when to the volcano and it was very interesting and James paid for everything. Also he took us to lunch at this resort that was beautiful (and he paid for the lunch for all of us) The food was excellent all local food. We stopped at a lot of waterfalls which we could have a swim in them. We didnt go to the muds baths but that was our choice, but he would bring you anywhere you requested. The tour was for about 5 1/2 hours and it went by very quickly. We highly recommend James Tours when going to St Lucia. Make sure you ask for the boss himself (James) He is super great. You cant miss his van it has Steelers all over it, because he is a big Steelers fan. The van has air conditioning and wifi. We hope you take this tour we give it 10 Stars ++++++ You wont regret this tour we had a great time. James is also very professional he called me at home to confirm the reservation, very classy, and very funny. If you take this tour tell him "Go Pats" and he will know who is giving his recommendation.

We were a. Group of 10 that toured with James on December 11. I echo everything said in the above post. We did go to the mud bath which some of us enjoyed. James was great and gave us a fantastic tour. He is very personable, funny and knowledgeable about the island and lots of other things. We were on the Insignia which had a tragic fire in St Lucia and the ship was evacuated. James tried to bring us food and water while we were waiting to be flown out to Miami and he followed up with us by email to be certain we were ok. I would highly recommend touring with James.

• 1 month later...

Before our Southern Caribbean cruise on the Carnival Valor, my husband and I decided that instead of taking one of their advertised shore excursions, we’d do our own research and find something truly unique. We were so happy to have found James Touring Service on Trip Advisor!

James is unlike the typical taxi driver you will find waiting outside the gates. Sure, you can hire a random taxi for $20-$30 who may claim to provide tours, but you will get what you pay for. That usually includes transportation from point A to point B and maybe a simple “lunch” of bread and cheese.

With James and his friendly associate, Desiree, you will get SO much more than that! For $70, you will get a TOTAL St. Lucia experience all in the comfort of his clean, air conditioned “Pittsburgh Steelers” van complete with free Wi-Fi and complimentary beverages to keep you hydrated throughout the day. James is also a very safe driver who takes those hairpin turns slowly.

First, let me say, my husband and I had so much fun on the St. Lucia Land Tour! We felt like we were among good friends showing us their home. James and Desiree are a wonderful team, and they are there to provide you with an experience you'll never forget!

In addition to listening to an excellent, well-informed narrative of the island, we stopped at the most amazing scenic locations, visited local merchants all hand-picked and approved by James, made several unexpected stops where James would treat us to local snacks, visited a banana plantation and tried some fresh, sweet bananas, had 10 years removed from our appearance at the volcanic mud baths, experienced a refreshing waterfall (aka “Power Shower”) and consumed a delicious island luncheon consisting of curried chicken, fish in garlic sauce, ripe plantains and rooted vegetables eg' dasheen while overlooking the breathtaking Pitons! I thought I was in heaven! It was the perfect day!

I hope my review has removed any doubts about using James Touring Service! He truly is the BEST way to experience St. Lucia for a day! I wholeheartedly recommend him!

THANK YOU James & Desiree!

Sincerely,

Jen & Crispin (02/12/15)

For a more detailed summary of my Caribbean cruise (coming soon!), check out www.passporttobliss.com!

Edited by distantroads

A group of 10 of us booked James Tours a few weeks ago. I have done many tours at various islands and this was absolutely the best. We were able to get a "feel" of their culture. The hot springs and mud bath left our skin feeling soft and shiny. He gives his own personal touch and the luncheon with a breathtaking view was incredible. He tailors the tour to what you want to do and see. We wanted to be sure we had time to shop back at the pier and wasn't sure we would have time. All we did wad tell him and he got us back in plenty of time and still showed us everything we wanted. I highly recommend James.

• 1 month later...

We just took a private tour with James Tours and are very happy that we did. The basic price was $70 pp, but we wanted to take a boat back from Soufrière to the ship so that added $20 pp (well worth it to avoid going back along the twisty mountain roads, plus it gave us a scenic look at the coastline).

James picked us up at the pier in his nice new van and followed our custom itinerary: tour of Castries with a visit to the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception (murals everywhere, but simple stained glass windows) and the park dedicated to their two Nobel Prize Laureates; visits to Morne Fortune and the Roseau Banana Plantation; photo op above Soufrière; lengthy visit to Diamond Falls Botanical Garden & Waterfall; excellent lunch at La Haut restaurant (chicken curry and a freshwater white fish of St. Lucia; banana splits for dessert); then return to the ship via boat. Everything was as expected, except that the boat return was nicer (large catamaran with lots of shade) but longer (we joined another group that had arranged a 45-minute swim stop) than anticipated. The ride was rough enough on this boat, so I'm glad that we didn't have the smaller private boat I imagined.

I recommend James Tours to anyone wanting an excursion on St. Lucia.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...