A few Irie Tour Questions

new2cruising2006

I tried to email Irie Tours but I did not hear back from them yet. Trying to decide between the 2 tours offered. East Side & Cruise Ship West Beach Hopping

A few questions about East Side Tour-3 hours:

1) East Side Tour $25- does anyone know what time this tour starts?

2) Also if you choose this tour is the beach stop the last stop and can you choose to stay there?

??'s West Beach Hopping-5hours-

3)What time does that start?

4) Are chairs included at each beach or do you rent them or sit on sand?

5) Is there snorkeling or enough time to snorkel at any of these beaches?

Lastly:

Any recommendations on which tour would be better?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated. Just booked trip last minute and leaving in 3 weeks!!

They responded right away for me as well. Maybe try sending another email. We are booked for the 3 hr tour and it starts at 2pm (our ship has a late arrival of 1pm). For ships arriving earlier, I am sure there is a morning tour.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

I got confirmation our tour starts at 9am LOCAL time from Irie Tours. Our ship is in port from 8am-6pm. When they said local time, isn't Curacao going to be an hour ahead of shiptime, so technically the tour will be starting right when we arrive at 8am? Or am I thinking of this wrong?

We recently did the West Beach tour and loved it, our guide said the East tour was the shopping tour and the West Beach was the nature tour and that it was. We ended up being the only two so we got a private tour, there are beach chairs for $3.50 (the entrance fee is included but chairs are not) at Playa Porto Marie, at Knip there were picnic tables. We only spent an hour or so at each so I didn't need to rent a chair, especially since we were in the water for most of the hour. I'd bring your own snorkel and mask if you own them, I think you could rent at Porto Marie but not sure about Knip. Didn't need fins, the snorkeling is close to shore at both.

I haven't seen anyone else mention this but there were jellyfish at Porto Marie, the kind you can't see but you sure can feel. Another guy came out covered in little welts, I finally had enough and came out of the water. Didn't feel them at Knip.

I don't know where the east side stops at the beach but both of the beaches we stopped at were about a 1/2 hour from town and while they might be able to call you a taxi, I'd be a little leary of doing so being so far away from the cruise port without being absolutely sure I could get myself back.

Our ship changed time so that when we arrived at 8am ship time, it was also 8 am Curacao time. It took us 10-15 minutes to get off the ship and walk to where they meet you so give yourself plenty of time.

Thank you. Is jellyfish something I need to be concerned about?