Live from French Polynesia

calberry

Trip report to follow (am drafting along the way, but not enough time for a finished product).

Mini album at Kodak

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=887dkyp.aok3hyjd&x=0&y=-hdhchb

BIGGER album at Photoshow (be patient for it to load)

Watch show: http://www.photoshow.net/watch/Iy5hm4we

At PPT ICB now, shuttle to PG this afternoon.

Steve

Wow that was fun! I am awaiting every entree............pictures are great and I love the captions! We leave 9/23/06 for 14 days on the PG. This will be our second PG and just seeing your photos this PM has stirred my spirit with excitement and anticipation. Thank you so much for doing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve........the photoshow in particular is fantastic! Makes me feel like we are there with you and the Beachcomber looks as wonderful as ever. Take time to enjoy your trip along the way and thanks so much for sharing. Can't wait to see what you do with the ship's photo's and I'm anticipating spending the motu picnic online with you.

Pat

Thanks for comments, glad to share. Today is Motu day with sail-away last night I haven't had time to do more creating. Will do more though. The PG is wonderful (as if you didn't know!)

(Sitting in La Palette having coffee and watching the sunrise.)

Steve

Steve, what a great photoshow! I do hope that you take time away from your camera to just enjoy yourself on your vacation. As I was watching all the pre-breakfast photos at the Beachcomber I thought "well, he is still on CA time"! I'm also glad that you finally handed the camera to someone else when you were at the pool bar so that we could see you in one of the photos. Please keep doing that every so often. You are so detail oriented, it gives a full picture for anyone who has never gone on this itinerary and will answer so many questions for them. Even though we've been twice we have traveled coach so now I know how the people in business class live!

The internet access fades in and out, so we sporadically lose the connection. So I can upload pictures to Kodak since it goes picture by picture, but photoshow won’t upload because it takes time to upload and the time bar gets about ¾ done for slideshow and then quits. Oh well.

So here some pictures without captions, music and other fancy bells and whistles.

This one is our last day at the ICB and boarding the PG.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=887dkyp.7h3gb2k9&x=0&y=-7uext4

This is the first day when we went the motu for partying. Followed by an entertaining meal and some jazz by the Titan Hot Seven (check their website)

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=887dkyp.6xznags9&x=0&y=i3wlwo

Steve

The internet access fades in and out, so we sporadically lose the connection. So I can upload pictures to Kodak since it goes picture by picture, but photoshow won’t upload because it takes time to upload and the time bar gets about ¾ done for slideshow and then quits. Oh well.

So here some pictures without captions, music and other fancy bells and whistles.

This one is our last day at the ICB and boarding the PG.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=887dkyp.7h3gb2k9&x=0&y=-7uext4

This is the first day when we went the motu for partying. Followed by an entertaining meal and some jazz by the Titan Hot Seven (check their website)

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=887dkyp.6xznags9&x=0&y=i3wlwo

Steve

Steve:

Fantastic....thank you so much!! You made my day today (which has not been the best!) Your pictures told me there is something wonderful coming on July 12 for us! Where did you take the underwaters?? Fantastic.

Thank you for sharing.

Carol

We now have the first Marquesas island in view, but barely. It is cloudy, windy and raining. I doubt we will be able to get off the ship. All this way from Bora Bora and we can just sit here and watch. Oh Well.

Bad news. Our daughter called yesterday and my wife's father passed away. We bought insurance, and are now attempting to fly home. We may have to wait until we get to Rangiora on Sunday.

So very sorry to hear about you and your wife's loss Steve. It's one of the worst nightmares one could have while on a cruise. Our "Aloha" to your Family.

If you can get back to PPT by 1AM Sunday, Hawaiian has a flight to Honolulu that could connect you to SFO, LAX, PDX..ect Sunday afternoon.

Steve, I don't know you, am new to this board since just looking to book the PG for next March for the two week RT, but I was actually coming on to thank you for sharing your photos--and now this terrible news! My sympathies to you and your wife and I hope that you'll be able to return to this trip one day in the not too distant future. I am so sorry for you and your wife's family on their loss.

Thanks for the kind comments.

We flew from Rangiroa to Tahiti to LAX to SFO then drove to my M-I-L's house...23 1/2 hrs. It was great to be with the family and now lots of funeral planning.

I am working on a slideshow for the memorial service now, and one of these days I will get back to finishing what I had started on the trip.

Steve

Totally Awesome photos. The underwater shots,were they with your own digital in a housing? or with an underwater disposable? Mine always appear to be blue-tinged,perhaps it was the depth I was snorkling.Are the urchins as big as that? OK I know, 25% enlargement ,lol.We can hardly wait till next March when will be there, Pat.

I borrowed my SIL's digital with a housing (we gave him that for Xmas with the understanding I could borrow it) for the UW shots. I did a zoom in on one of the urchins to try to show the pretty purple blotches. They were no bigger than any other urchins, but I don't recall ever seeing them in 'clusters' like they were here.

Steve

Steve, All of your photos have been great! AAAAAH even though it has been 10 months since we were there I can still remember that first morning waking up to that same view out our window! And the great time we had at the private island! I think I have the flu........:p

Steve:

So sorry to hear of you and your wife's tragic loss.

It's so generous and thoughtful of you to still post your wonderful pictures AND with comments!

My thoughts are with you and your wife,

Joanne

Archived