FCO to Civitavecchia

CruznRagtop

Expect to land at FCO at 10:45 a.m. on a Sunday in October with two checked bags and one carry-on. Am physically challenged, but not in a wheelchair or scooter, and need to get to Civitavecchia for a 7 p.m. sailing.

Would welcome any suggestions that do not involve public transportation (with specific contact information if possible). The cruise line's transfer is $85.00, and I'm wondering if I may have a viable alternative.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Any directions on taking the train or bus from FCO to Civitavecchia?

Are tickets needed in advance?

There is no direct service, by bus or by train, from FCO to Civitavecchia.

The best routing by train is probably to take the regional train from FCO to Trastevere (these run about every 15 minutes and take roughly 30 minutes). At Trastevere, you will transfer to another regionale train to Civitavecchia, where you'll arrive in about 50 minutes.

No need to pre-purchase a ticket; you can buy one at the train station in FCO. Be sure to validate the ticket (stamp it via inserting into the green or yellow box near the platform) before boarding the train.

Be aware that you will have to be able to handle your own luggage on and off trains, and potentially down and up a flight of stairs at the Civitavecchia station where there is no elevator.

Edited by cruisemom42

http://www.smartcruisetours.com/index.php/destinations/rome/rome-transfers?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=103&category_id=12

It is a bus to the port from the airport terminal area. Would likely have to transfer to port internal shuttle, though. I think it drops at the entrance to the port.

Are you sailing on the 9th of October? It looks like that is the only Sunday it is running. It seems to follow cruise schedules.

I cruise October 24th. I am sort of in the same boat, trying to figure out logistics and cost, but I have an overnight, where you are going to the ship directly it seems.