Need detailed walking instruction from garage to Black Falcon terminal entrance

trident one

We are sailing on 7/11/15 to 7/25/15 Saturday to Saturday. Looking at the port schedule, think the Veendam is only ship in port on those dates.

If we were to park in the garage, realistically how far from garage to cruise terminal and how long would it take to walk for slow but not snail pace 70 year old. Have been told it is a 5 minute walk! I know parking is now $20.00

a day.

I have googled the area and tried to do a virtual drive via satellite mode of it, but something is missing in the driving instructions I think. Looks like you enter garage on Drydock Street. Do you exit on Drydock, cross over drydock walk by what looks like a parking lot to me and make a left on Black Falcon Ave. (looks like large alleyway to me) and walk down to between what I think it says between section C and section D of overhead walkways from design center into I guess upper floor of terminal floor. Cruise terminal entrance looks like it is halfway between these overheads at street level. Wish there was a walking map on port website. To bad they couldn't have built garage connected to terminal building. Would walking route be same on debarkation

day.

BW Quincy Adams is starting to look better & better in away.

Unfortunately I have no experience with the garage. Are you two people? If so, why can't you drop off your luggage and the 70 year old at the pier entrance and drive around the block to park? Perhaps someone who has actually used the garage can post with the details. You could also consider calling Uber and just pay for the very short ride.

From Summer Street, you will drive onto Dockside, continue straight ahead [the EDIC parking garage will be on your left] and a police officer directing traffic is usually in the middle of the street stopping traffic for PAX to cross, etc. You will go to the end of the street, turn right going around the Design Center building, and be able to drop luggage and passengers off in front of the terminal. Continue back to Dockside, and enter the parking garage - go up the ramps. Don't waste time looking for spaces in the lower levels as many who work in the area have reserved lower level spaces. When you get out of your car, either use the elevator [very slow] or walk down the steps that face toward the terminal. Cross the street, walking in front of the Design Center. The terminal and ship will be in front of you.

The parking garage takes major credit cards, MC/Visa, but not Discover.

I'll be parking in the garage next week during the NE Flower Show [cheaper than Seaport Hotel parking] and update info as needed. However, if you are using Adams Inn, they will let you park for the duration of your cruise and shuttle you to the port - seems much easier given mobility issues.

Darcy

Edited by WatchHill

I have used the terminal twice in the past 2 years, last November being the latest. I am 66 with PAD, and have limited walking distance tolerance. Walking from the parking lot to the Terminal is less than 1/4 mile. I took my time and did alright.

What I did find interesting just now using google maps was the bright red notice stating that the Terminal was "Closed Permanently". Maybe it meant for the season?