Bohio Dive Resort

ColKlink

Has anyone been to this resort. I would like to know how far it is from the port? How did you get there? and could you snorkel from the beach?

I have read of one person going there and saying that their restaurant is fantastic. I e-mailed them and got this response:

Thanks for contacting Bohio. At the moment we are not a private resort and

charge no day pass although we do charge for the use of sun loungers,

snorkeling gear and kayaks. We have a full bar and restaurant and are very

welcome to join us for lunch.

Please don't hesitate if you have any more queries about Bohio or Grand Turk

in general. We look forward to hearing from you and hopefully welcoming you

in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Bohio Dive Resort

Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos Islands

http://www.bohioresort.com

I am curious to see how their beach is since I here that the beach near the port is rocky.

Thanks

Klink

• 2 weeks later...

HI Colklink,

We just returned from a 5 night cruise that stopped in Grand Turk. I had seen Bohio's website before the cruise but hadn't planned on going there as an excursion. However, once in Grand Turk we got a cab and ask the cab driver to take us somewhere that had great snorkeling that you could do right from the shore, Bohio is where he suggested and took us.

It was about a 10 mintue cab ride each way and it was $7pp for the taxi. Can driver said this was becuase it was so far away from everything else. He took us through Cockburn Town and out through the old salt pools where they used to make salt. I absolutely loved the Bohio Resort and would go back there just to stay. We did not eat lunch in their restaurant but the menu was great and the food we saw being served looked wonderful. It was $20pp for full snorkel gear. The people there were not overly nice but they were accomodating and helpful. The beach is not rocky and you just walk right in. There are great reefs on enter side of the sandy entrance.

We were dissppointed with the snorkeling at first becuase we were not swimming out far enough. You will swim out a ways and over a shelf I guess you would call it. Once you pass the shelf you will come to the reefs and they are full of fish. I am not a knowledgeable when it comes to the types of fish but we saw alot of really cool fish.

I have pictures of the beach and the resort if you click on my signature where it says all photo albums, then just click on Bohio Resort.

We enjoyed it and it was not crowded at all. In fact we were the only people there from the ship. A group on jet ski type crafts came and stopped at the beach for about 10 minutues and then left. The dive peoplle were getting ready the take a dive group out and once they left we were the only people on the beach until we were about to leave some people who were in Grand Turk for a 3 week vacation showed up. They said they loved it there and had been coming in the afternoon to use the beach and eat dinner at the restaurant. They said the food was excellent.

If you go I do not think you will be dissappointed. The cab ride is a bit more but alot of the other places charge $30pp for snorkel gear so I figure we came out ahead.

Feel free to email me with any additional questions. seaittogether@yahoo.com

Jodie

• 3 weeks later...

We went to the beach at Bohio resort last october on Noordam cruise. It is a beautiful beach and restaurant looks very good .There were only a few other people there at the beach.,several from our cruise. Beach is sandy not "rocky" like cruise pier area. have to swim out a bit to get to the good snorkeling. WE went there for a few hours and then back to pool at margaritaville to rinse off and have a drink before getting back on ship. morning

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody, here's a copy of the response to my email to Bohio Dive Resort, information as of 5/2/07

Thank you for your interest in Bohio. We have a resort fee of $10 per person

and includes use of a chaise lounger (sun bed), pool and beach. We have

snorkel equipment available for $20 per day, per person but you will

probably only be here 4-5 hours so I would give you 1/2 rate at $10. Life

jackets are also available along with rentals for bicycles, kayaks, and

Hobie Cat sailboats.

Our restaurant offers a full menu and bar during your visit and may include

the option of a beachside B-B-Q.

I hope that this helps!

• 1 month later...

We were at Bohio resort and loved it! The water was calm, the beech was nice and NOT crowded, only about 10 people from Carnival Triumph.

Rental Prices I remember

Kayak $20

Hobie Cat i think was 20-40

THey offer snorkel trips and snuba

snorkel was $20 and lasted about 1-1 1/2 hrs and took you to 2 sites w/ guide.

Beer $4, Frozen Drinks $7, coke $2

THe had some grilled food w salads and sides around $9-$15 (burgers, chicken, fresh fish, hot dogs).

Very friendly, would go back again!

Has nice shade w/ breeze (if you like that)

• 1 month later...

Do you need to make a reservation with them in advance to use the lounger/beach/pool or snorkel equipment? We are going on the Crown in 3 weeks and I really want to stay away from the Margaritaville crowds and do some nice snorkeling.

Also, like Scarlet asked above, when you say "swim out far" is it scary far??

Lastly, was it hard to find a taxi to go back to the port, or did you tell your taxi to come back at a certain time?

Thanks!

It was not scary swimming out far. My wife and teenage kids paid extra and took a snorkel trip to the wall. My Chicken of the Sea Daughter really enjoyed it (did wear a life jacket-provided).

I don't think reservations are needed, but you can send and email to hem and let them know when you are coming. That way you won't be dissappointed if they can't accomidate you.

Taxi's

Our taxi driver gave us his card and we called him from the resort when we ready to come back. I saw several taxis while we were waiting for ours.

Drinks are cheaper than Margaritaville, less crowded, nice breeze, beautiful!!!

Thank you so much for answering my questions! I really look forward to checking it out and it just seems so cool!

I will post a review of my visit at Bohio when I get back!

Thanks again!

Yes, please post a review. I am interested in Bohio as well. Have a great time on your cruise!!

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you so much for answering my questions! I really look forward to checking it out and it just seems so cool!

I will post a review of my visit at Bohio when I get back!

Thanks again!

Hi Christy!

Hope you have a great time and I am also waiting with bated breath to hear about your experiences at Bohio and Turk!

Froufie (former cruising buddy!)

The resort sounds perfect for a little daytime excursion.

I have two teen girls travelling with me -- doesn't sound like there is much "action" there -- but they might be able to indulge mom for a little bit and have some quiet time on the beach, do some snorkeling and have an early lunch then check out the margaritaville scene if they absolutely insist on the way back to the ship!

Recommendation tho -- would you take scooters to get from the cruiseship terminal or a taxi?

We might want to see the town too, so I was thinking maybe scooters.

One of my girls will not have her drivers license yet -- do they have to have a drivers license to rent a scooter and are any of the scooters for two people or are they all singles?

Thanks! This was a great posting.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I am back from my fantastic cruise (Crown Princess) and a great day at the Bohio Dive Resort!

First let me say that there were only 14 other people on the beach, it was awesome! The snorkeling was good, we went pretty far out and I didn't feel that it was too scary or anything like that, there is barely any surf. The sand was like flour, so soft, and we walked along the beach and saw some cool shells and stuff. Like above posters have mentioned, there really isn't much there at all, but it was a nice get away from the hustle and bustle of the ship.

We took a taxi and I believe it was $7pp each way, it wasn't bad, and he took us through Cockburn Town and by the salt pits and told us all about them. Winemistress, I would not recommend getting scooters only because there really isn't much on Grand Turk and imo, you would be wasting your money. Plus, I personally did not see any scooter rentals near the port. I think the taxi drive to Bohio through Cockburn Town is plenty enough sightseeing.

The taxi dropped us off and we went into the main lobby and she forwarded us to the dive shop which is adjacent to the beach. The woman who helped us said it was free to go on the beach (the pool was empty and there was a guy doing work/powerwashing around it) and if we wanted, we could pay $10pp for a beach chair. We paid just because we felt bad coming to use their beach for free. I only saw a breakfast menu at the time, so I can't comment on a lunch/dinner menu. There was a sign at the pavillion at the beach that said that burgers were $12.

The chairs were nice, and the beach really was great. We left with enough time to do some shopping at the port which wasn't that great, just save your $$ for St. Thomas if that is on your itinerary. Overall I would definitely recommend the Bohio resort and I think that for relaxation, beautiful water/beach, it is the best option for Grand Turk.

Froufie, have a blast, I can't wait to hear how your cruise goes!!!

Here is my photo album, and Grand Turk is the first stop so if you want to speed through the photos just to see the pics of Bohio, please be my guest:

http://picasaweb.google.com/christybredahl/CrownPrincess

Hey Christy - glad you had a good time at Bohio - and I will try to find the 'secret note' u left for me - ha ha ha.

I posted your 'mini-review' on my roll call board and now looks like I will have a huge entourage joining me cuz of your wonderful comments!

Will let you know how it goes!

Frouf:D

Thanks for posting the pics -- what was the champagne waterfall with streamers all about?

On the second formal night they do a waterfall and you can help pour the champagne with the Maitre'd. They gave out streamers and really, I was just trying to use the fancy stuff on my camera to take a picture with the streamers in mid-flight.

Spicey477,

How did you get back to the ship? Did you ask the Bohio folks to call a cab for you or did you ask the cab driver to come back? Thanks!

Actually, we told our taxi driver to come back and pick us up at 1pm, and he told us his name before we left. We really felt like leaving around 12, so we asked the front desk if they would call him to have him come early, and he was there within 3 minutes. There were other taxis there, but I didn't want him to come back for us at 1pm and we would have been gone already.

I posted your 'mini-review' on my roll call board and now looks like I will have a huge entourage joining me cuz of your wonderful comments!

Will let you know how it goes!

Frouf:D

Oh, Frouf, how we wish we were going with you guys again!! When we gave ourselves a mini-review, we said it just wasn't the same without you two and the Potters!

Have a great time!!