Bohio Dive Resort

ColKlink

Does anyone know the rental price of kayaks or hobie cat sailboats at the resort? Thanks.

The kayaks are $30 per hour and the hobie cats are $40 per hour for the large and $25 per hour for the small one. No umbrellas for rent. The snorkeling trips only run when the resort does not have any diving guests to cater to.

Wow, such awsome pictures! Thanks.

If I wanted to set up a dive excursion throught them, does anyone have any information on how to get in touch with them in advance?

Our ship doesn't offer it as an excursion. Does anyone know how to contact them?

I appreciate any information. Thanks! :)

$7 p/p for the taxi ? Does this mean that for 2 adults and 2 teens it will be $28.00 each way for a 10 min. taxi ride? $56.00 total for the return trip?

Seems steep? can anyone confirm?

Ummm, yeah, that is correct. Get used to it, most fares will be that way while on your cruise. Rarely do you find a place where it is less. You could try finding a cabbie, and negotiating with him. Say, you make a deal for $20 each way, and have someone call him when you are ready. When we took our two teenagers, I was feeling your pain. To make it worse...when we spent 3 days in Florida prior to sailing...the kids were bottumless pits. They were constantly starving, and we were paying our the nose for restaurant food. The second they got on the ship, "Im not hungry." :mad: Oh you'll eat, dangit!:D

I don't know how you feel about this, but we usually try to figure out the public transportation, I don't think there is any on GT though. Good luck.

Their website...........

http://www.bohioresort.com/

Thanks so much for the information. They won't let me book a dive directly through them, I have to go throught the cruise line.... at $140.00!:eek:

Can anyone tell me WHY I'm looking at $140.00 for a dive in T&C, but only $45.00 in St Maarten??? Is this a magic dive to Atlantis or something???:(

Thanks so much for the information. They won't let me book a dive directly through them, I have to go throught the cruise line.... at $140.00!:eek:

Can anyone tell me WHY I'm looking at $140.00 for a dive in T&C, but only $45.00 in St Maarten??? Is this a magic dive to Atlantis or something???:(

That DOES sound steep.............I am not a diver, but I do know that St. Martin is cheaper all around on most everything. We have a fellow traveler that wanted to book on his own, but he had the same reply as you.

Good Luck...........

Do you think that they may have contracted with the cruiselines to do their excursions? If so, that may be the reason that they aren't taking any outside bookings.

Thanks! I appreciate the information.

There must be something going on with the cruisew lines because as soon as they found out I was coming in on a ship, they wouldn't hardly even talk to me. "Book through the cruise line!"

.....Well, what if I wasn't on a cruise????? :cool:

Actually, it looks like the price they had listed on the excursions dropped a little. Still over $100.00 though.

I'll contact Blue Water and see what they have to say. :D

Blue Water for $80. for a 2 tank dive a few weeks ago. Nice diving, we would go for a week--but hotels seem overpriced.

btw, Sea Eye's boat was out of commission; so they put us on a Blue Water boat-no problem. Both operations seemed quite capable.

Sick of me yet...sorry but here are some more

You are quite the photographer. I love all of the photos but especially the ones from the window and the gate where you see the beach beyond them.

Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to go and visit there in a couple of weeks :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ill be going to Grand Turk on my cruise on the Carribean Princess, July 10,2008.

This sounds like the perfect place for me to go to. My son (15) & I love to snorkel. We have a short port day, so this sounds perfect. Jump in a taxi, hit the beach and snorkel. We always bring our own snorkel gear.

Thanks for the info!

Marge

Starz723

Thanks! I appreciate the information.

There must be something going on with the cruisew lines because as soon as they found out I was coming in on a ship, they wouldn't hardly even talk to me. "Book through the cruise line!"

.....Well, what if I wasn't on a cruise????? :cool:

Actually, it looks like the price they had listed on the excursions dropped a little. Still over $100.00 though.

I'll contact Blue Water and see what they have to say. :D

Jenny - not sure why they are saying this? I was there a few weeks ago and one of our CC members had contacted them ahead of time to arrange for a dive and no one said anything about going thru the cruise ilne? (don't even think Carnival had an excursion to Bohio???). Unfortunately due to bad ocean conditions the dive was cancelled while we were there - but the boat did take a group out snorkelling ($20 pp) and they had a blast and saw lots of fish!

Froufie

Has anyone rented bicycles and rode to Bohio? I was wondering if it was too far to bike. I'm trying to decide if bikes are worth it since we'll probably spent most of our time at Bohio. How large is the island? My group is pretty fit and enjoy biking....is it possible to get some kind of map if going off on our own a little?

Last time I emailed with them in 05/07 there was no problem arranging things directly with them and I did identify myself as a cruiser. I will email them to see if they'll be doing a snorkeling trip for 1 1/2 hrs at $20. I mean that's a steal considering the carnival charges more than double that. We'll see how it works out....

• 3 years later...

This thread hasnt been active for a few years but I'm hoping we can get some answers to some lingering questions:

-how far a swim out is it for snorkeling?

-suggestions on renting vs. bringing our own snorkel gear?

-there doesnt appear to be any charge to snorkel from their beach, I emailed them directly.

-cheaper ways to get to them (other than taxi)?

Thanks.

We spent an afternoon here last Jan. Beautiful beach. Steep prices to eat and drink at the resort compared to other islands. But I imagine the prices at Margaritaville were similiar.

You can snorkle from the beach but I think its a long swim to get out there. 200-300 yds I believe. (long for me I am not a fish) They only charge you if you rent gear is what I was told.

We paid like $45 I want to say and they took us out to what is called the library (out directly from the public library) less then a mile down the beach from resort but about 300 yds out. Your snorkeling right out over the wall.

Turns out I don't really like snorkeling much at all so that was my 2nd and last time. Everyone else loved it. I will say the "boats/catarmans" that brought the people out to snorkel all stayed packed in 1 little area and I can't believe w/100+ people in the water they were able to see anything at all. We had a HUGE turtle swimming back and forth right next to us for 15 mins. We also saw 2 whales from the ship as we were coming in to the dock. It was the end of Jan and they are in migration I was told.

Bohio is at the farthest end of the island...not a long drive but way too long to walk. When you get off the ship your in a sectioned off area where it appears you have to have an "agreement" in place w/the cruise ships to be able to work inside. They have taxis lined up waiting for you and no matter who you ask the price is the same based on where your going. Bohio is $7pp each way. Our driver gave us his name and number and we were able to call him for a ride to get back. However we probably could have just snagged someones taxi when they were getting dropped off b/c people were coming and going all day from the resort.

Overall it is a great place to spend the day.

Thanks for the update joyful. doesnt sound like this is what we are looking for--a spot we can easily get to from the beach (much closer than a 300 yd swim). anyone know of something easier onthe island? what about gib's cay? and what about margaritaville?

• 1 year later...