Veendam to Quebec-Questions

Sirdar

I posted this on the Canada board but got no response yet. Hoping that those who have made the trip to Quebec City can help out

DW and I will arrive in Quebec City and stay on the ship (HAL Veendam) overnight from Friday to Saturday. Our flight home does not depart until late afternoon on Saturday and we will have several hours between disembarkation and the flight home. This is our first Canada cruise and we are unfamiliar with Quebec.

Questions:

How far is the airport from the cruise terminal?

What would be the fare for a taxi to the airport?

Any idea of what do before the flight other than sitting around the airport?

What to do with luggage while awaiting the flight?

Any help is appreciated.

I posted this on the Canada board but got no response yet. Hoping that those who have made the trip to Quebec City can help out

DW and I will arrive in Quebec City and stay on the ship (HAL Veendam) overnight from Friday to Saturday. Our flight home does not depart until late afternoon on Saturday and we will have several hours between disembarkation and the flight home. This is our first Canada cruise and we are unfamiliar with Quebec.

Questions:

How far is the airport from the cruise terminal?

What would be the fare for a taxi to the airport?

Any idea of what do before the flight other than sitting around the airport?

What to do with luggage while awaiting the flight?

Any help is appreciated.

I just did this cruise. The airport is fairly far from the port. It cost approximately $35. I believe that was a flat rate. There is not much to do at that airport. It's small and overrun when a cruise ends there.

I just did this cruise. The airport is fairly far from the port. It cost approximately $35. I believe that was a flat rate. There is not much to do at that airport. It's small and overrun when a cruise ends there.

Thank you for the information. We will try to find something to do other than wait at the airport for several hours!

Hi Sirdar !

Q. How far is the airport from the cruise terminal?

A. 16 km from Chateau Frontenac — 30 minutes by cab.

Q. What would be the fare for a taxi to the airport?

A. Fixed price around 35,00 $ CDN

Q. Any idea of what do before the flight other than sitting around the airport?

A. How much time you have ? Money ?

Q. What to do with luggage while awaiting the flight?

A. If visiting Quebec city before the flight, try to keep your luggages with you (2 luggages or less). Quebec city is a city where you have to be by foot to visit. Near the airport nothing very much interesting except some bars like Sport Bar «La Cage aux Sports» on the Hamel blvd

Holacanada from Quebec City !

Edited by holacanada

I probably have forgotten most of the details (age, you know), but we did catch the plane from Newark. At that time, United flew directly to Quebec only in the late afternoon.

We had been in a cruise before from Miami/Fort Lauderdale to Montreal with a day in Quebec.

In this trip, we wanted to spend a little more time sight-seeing in Quebec, so we opted to take an early flight and spend that afternoon in Quebec. The flight went by way of Toronto (change of plane) to Quebec. Taxi was about 30-minutes to the port. Checked on board the Veendam and then walked around the Old City.