Victory, Liberty, or Elation?

dctravel

We are thinking about booking a short cruise for a 40th birthday celebration this fall. All else being equal (price, etc...), which ship would you recommend--the Victory, Liberty, or Elation--and why?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Dctravel

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

All things being equal--I would go with the Liberty. I haven't sailed on Liberty, but I have sailed on Conquest twice and Freedom once (same class as Liberty). I have sailed on Victory (twice) and Elation.

The Elation is one of the smaller Fantasy-class ships and is the oldest of the three vessels you mentioned. Not that there is anything wrong with that, and some people like the smaller ships. Myself, I prefer ships that have more amenities (which are typically on the larger ships, which means more people).

The Liberty has Blue Iguana and Guy's Burgers, which I don't think the Victory has. Liberty also has the Mongolian Wok, which is good to hit early on in the cruise.

Excellent points, especially with the only port being Nassau. I have been on the Triumph, and loved it, so with the Liberty a little bigger, that makes sense.

Thanks for the insight!

Liberty! ... without a doubt. I've sailed the three you mentioned, Liberty by far surpasses the other two.

I'm not saying that the others mentioned are bad, I'm sailing Elation in about 6 weeks. But Liberty was one top sailings we've experienced.

You cant go wrong with either of them. Enjoy & Cheers!

Thank you all! This is great information so far. If we are going Carnival (our travel companions really prefer RC, but we have been more loyal to Carnival), then the Liberty seems to be in the lead.

Also considering a 3 or 4 night Holland American cruise. We would probably be on the younger side there, but those ships appear pretty spectacular in a different way