Disembarkation Question (Freedom)

scoggins84

Hello- We are slated to go on the Freedom in October and I am questioning whether we want self assist or not. Here is my dilemma- we were previously on the Dream out of NOLA for a Thanksgiving cruise, our cabin was on the 1st floor and we used the standard disembarkation process. We waited HOURS for our number to be called and it got called dead last.

For our cruise on the Freedom we will be on the 11th (spa) deck. Is there a standard number calling system that is used? Higher floors get off first and then down to the bottom? or is it randomized?

What we are trying to avoid is, obviously, sitting for hours waiting again if we do the regular disembarkation waiting for our number to be called. Or risking lugging tons of luggage down stairs if we do self assist.

Can anyone clarify this for me?

There's all kinds of "ifs" with debarkation. Generally, however, if you choose self-assist, and you are Platinum or FTTF, and you are getting off on deck 3 (Lobby), you can take your luggage and your party down to deck 3 on the elevators anytime after debark has begun. Once there, don't ask anyone, just go around the elevators and join the line in the lobby to get off. Believe me, they want everyone off the ship as soon as possible so if you are willing and able to take your stuff and go, they will be happy to accommodate. Here's hoping you have a great cruise and easy debarkation. Bon Voyage!

We are definitely not Platinum and didn't spring for FTTF. I guess we'll just take our chances with Self Assist. Thank you for your response! :)

No chances to worry over, as said, go down with your bags and get in line and get off.

That's all there is to it.

I also recommend self-assist with this suggestion; only pack what you really need. Or better yet, gather the luggage that you know you can carry off by yourself such as 1 roller and a small carry (backpack is always a plus.) Limit yourself to that and ONLY THAT! Leave 1 hand free for S&S card, passport, declarations form, etc.

Then self-assist is a breeze!

Cheers!