Carnival Glory - March 18th

beshears

I and 7 others were just on the Glory for the first time, doing the Eastern direction. If you have any questions, and I can help, please feel free to ask. That is how I have LEARNED all these years about the different cruises, and what they have to offer, etc. :)

Hi- we will be on the Glory June 10th. How did the ship look after dry dock? We are also doing the eastern itinerary. Did you have enough time in San Juan? What did you do there? Also- did you try the new fish station?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did not try the fish area, as I am not into fish. I will say my 3 sons got plenty (if you want to use that expression) at the dinner table in the evening. As the cruise was a new experience for all of them, I told them to "order" anything they saw on the menu, and even MORE, if they thought they would like it, and they did. I think for the majority of the dinner menus, all 6 of them (sons/d-i-l's) were very happy.

As for San Juan, I have been there a couple times before this time, and it is very beautiful, and we had plenty of time. They say there is a trolley going to the Forts, but sometimes it is full by the time they come to your stop, so we just found a driver that didn't (sometimes you bargain, or I have learned to do this down through the years) ask for much, and took us to the first fort. My friend didn't want to do a lot of walking, so he took her back to the ship. We stayed at the first fort and paid $5 to look around, and it was worth every penny, just to see the view, etc. You can take that ticket that you paid the $5 for and visit the other fort as well, as my other son and wife did. They were waiting for the trolley, but it never came, so they finally walked to it. We knew the ship was downhill from the fort, so the 5 of us wanted to do shopping, and that is what we did. Many shops to shop at, and right where the ship is, there are a lot of vendors as well too.

I am not a hamburger person, but Guys Burgers are very good as well as their pizza is always good/hot/fresh too.

If this is your first, be sure and see Love and Marriage, as well as the Hypnotist as he almost had has rolling in the floor from the things he had the people on stage doing.

As for the way the ship looked, I am not a nit picky person, but some people may think otherwise, but I really didn't see anything wrong with the ship. You will think this is funny, but here in KC years ago, we had the Power & Light Company, and they had a dome that was lit up every night up high in the sky, and it would change colors. That was sort of the way the lights were at the elevators, so pretty, I thought. We were in the Platinum dining room, and they had this beautiful/large hanging piece that was so colorful. We knew the slide would not be ready (it was ready the day before we left), but it did not keep us from doing everything else on the ship and elsewhere. We were so busy at the ports, as my sons/d-i-l's this was all new to them.:)

If I missed any of your questions, feel free to ask anything, and I'll try my best to answer.

I just read that the aft pool isn't adult only anymore?!? Can anyone confirm that? We sail on may 6. The aft adult only pool was the main reason we booked the glory [emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums