Cabin size comparison

SCAnthony

We went on the Dream a year or so ago in a standard balcony room. We have a cruise booked for the Elation in October in an OV cabin. According to the info I found both rooms are listed at 185 sq ft(not including balcony). By looking at all the pictures and floor plans I have seen, the balcony rooms on the newer ships look noticeably bigger than the OV rooms in the Elation and fantasy class ships . Am I missing something or is this accurate?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I understand what your saying, its been YEARS since I had a OV and I am also booked on the Elation for October which she does not have any standard balcony rooms so we also had to choose an OV....I looked at videos of the cabin, and they do appear to look smaller, because the balcony rooms although have additional square footage due to the balcony but that square footage is for the exterior, the interior has to be smaller in the OV because there are sofa's in each room in the balcony rooms....the OV looking at the video do not have sofa's and I can't see where there is any room to put them, so I also wonder whether the OV rooms are actually smaller too? Perhaps the wall (window area) takes up additional space in that room? I agree they look smaller for sure.

We're on the same sailing, OP. The room will be tiny w the 4 of us in it. An OV, 2 uppers. I plan to use the spa showers occasionally. We're on E deck, aft. So at least it's close to food & fresh air. 187 sq feet won't go far, but we're not planning to be in there much. I'm looking at ways to save space, like using under the bed like a drawer by leaving my suitcase open. Using a shoe rack over the door. Taking some extra over the door hooks. Getting magnetic hooks too. Packing very carefully.

We're on the same sailing, OP. The room will be tiny w the 4 of us in it. An OV, 2 uppers. I plan to use the spa showers occasionally. We're on E deck, aft. So at least it's close to food & fresh air. 187 sq feet won't go far, but we're not planning to be in there much. I'm looking at ways to save space, like using under the bed like a drawer by leaving my suitcase open. Using a shoe rack over the door. Taking some extra over the door hooks. Getting magnetic hooks too. Packing very carefully.

We have had 4 (and when my girls were very young, had 5) in a Carnival room. It is tight, but you can definitely make it work! Hopefully they will still allow you the over door shoe rack. WE have used it for the last 5 sailings and it has been invaluable. I have read places that they don't want you to have it any more.

We had 4 on a NCL cabin and that was horrible. We kept saying we were going back to the closet (not the room). Yes, it was THAT bad. Only one upper, which meant one person had a pull out between the two beds, which were place on the side of the room. Entire area was wall to wall bed. We laughed and made fun of it and still had a good time. But we won't make the same mistake next time! In fact, now my girls are older we have them booked in separate rooms, and will from here on out. Part of me wonders if it is a good idea, as they are young adults/teens and they WILL be out in the wee hours of the morning. I am not sure how to keep track of them. Or if I should even try! HAHA