Voyager: Additional Cabins Added?

markannab

Hi

We were on Voyager about 18 months ago and are on again in two weeks. Last night, someone told us that they've been onboard recently and more cabins have been added increasing the number of passengers by 800 and reducing the length of the running track. They also said that, despite not being school holidays, the ship seemed to be over-run with kids. Has anyone else noted these things?

Thanks,

Mark.

Hi

We were on Voyager about 18 months ago and are on again in two weeks. Last night, someone told us that they've been onboard recently and more cabins have been added increasing the number of passengers by 800 and reducing the length of the running track. They also said that, despite not being school holidays, the ship seemed to be over-run with kids. Has anyone else noted these things?

Thanks,

Mark.

800? Don't think so. They'd have to add at least another 5 lifeboats if they did. Most Royal ships add 2-3 dozen cabins at most, some cabins but not that many!

Hi

Thanks,

Mark.

800? Don't think so. They'd have to add at least another 5 lifeboats if they did. Most Royal ships add 2-3 dozen cabins at most, some cabins but not that many!

Easy to add liferafts, which are contained in canisters approx 3 feet in diameter.

Like sister ships Navigator in 2014 and Explorer in 2016, Voyager had 38 cabins added on deck 12 (4 of those being multi-bed family cabins being able to hold more than 4 persons) as well as 19 two person interior cabins on deck 3 where the nightclub used to be (Giovanni's now added on deck 4)

So 49 cabins with min 2 persons per cabin = at least 100 extra people.

Last I read (I forget where else I would reference for you) Voyager Class lifeboats hold 157 person? Liferafts less but so very easy to add a 2 or 3 liferafts.

As someone else pointed out - additional cabins in the refurb of 2014 - but definitely no where near 800 extra pax - that is would be a total of 1/3rd of the passengers the VOS currently holds.

We were on a cruise last year in Feb and yes plenty of kids about - we thought as school had gone back there would be less kiddos around - but saying that we are off again in a week - so will see if last years large number of kiddos was a once off or we will have plenty of small frys around this year...and that VOS always has a large number of kiddos about...saying that we are taking 2 GC's ourselves this time around.....oops....:D

Easy to add liferafts, which are contained in canisters approx 3 feet in diameter.

Like sister ships Navigator in 2014 and Explorer in 2016, Voyager had 38 cabins added on deck 12 (4 of those being multi-bed family cabins being able to hold more than 4 persons) as well as 19 two person interior cabins on deck 3 where the nightclub used to be (Giovanni's now added on deck 4)

So 49 cabins with min 2 persons per cabin = at least 100 extra people.

Last I read (I forget where else I would reference for you) Voyager Class lifeboats hold 157 person? Liferafts less but so very easy to add a 2 or 3 liferafts.

I actually knew all that, just did quickest response to OP to reassuring they haven't added 800 passengers to ship... But thanks anyway