Got off Triumph 4-1-17 if anyone has any questions...

garypolton

Ok... you asked for it, lol

1. Did you stay in New Orleans before your cruise? If so where and how did you get to port? I've read cabs/Uber are a nightmare and parking at port is expensive.

2. How was the beach in Progresso? Was it peaceful or were you hounded by vendors trying to sell you things? Did you book your excursions through Carnival?

3. Did it benefit you to have FTTF? Most posts say the wait there isn't bad.

Ok... you asked for it, lol

1. Did you stay in New Orleans before your cruise? If so where and how did you get to port? I've read cabs/Uber are a nightmare and parking at port is expensive.

2. How was the beach in Progresso? Was it peaceful or were you hounded by vendors trying to sell you things? Did you book your excursions through Carnival?

3. Did it benefit you to have FTTF? Most posts say the wait there isn't bad.

I don't mind answering questions. It kind of fun ;-)

1. We stayed for 2 nights before the cruise. We stayed at the Troubadour and was walking distance to everything like Bourbon street (don't go on a Saturday night). We took an UBER from the airport and to the port. Was so smooth pulled right up out front of where you walk in.

2. Beach in Progresso was not peaceful at all. Well maybe like 5-10 mins at a time. There were constantly people coming up trying to sell you stuff or play a song on a guitar for tips. Next time I would book an excursion at one of those all inclusive resorts or private beaches for some quiet time. But was nice to see an older town in Mexico, made it a little more authentic.

3. FTTF got us on faster than most but the wait in New Orleans wasn't that bad. I loved that going to guest services you didn't have to wait which made me go there more often lol. For Disembarkation we used FTTF to go see New Orleans more. We stayed near river walk all day and watched the Triumph set sail... I always get FTTF for peace of mind

Ding, ding...round 2

1. Have you been to Cozumel or Progresso before? I've been to Cozumel several times but BF has not. Thought about the Bar Hop again so we can have a little quiet beach time and a little island experience. He wants to do ruins. Progresso seems better for that because I do not want to be hounded by paddlers.

2. How was the Triumph compared to any other Carnival ship you've been on?

3. Any times on must see things in New Orleans? We're going 2 days early too and want to make the most of it. We might stop in Buloxi on the way home if there's any money left.

Glad to hear Uber was so smooth. We got FTTF on the Valor in December and I've convinced myself can not live without it but if embarkation is easy and no tenders then I might want to save the $$ for some extra cocktails

Ding, ding...round 2

1. Have you been to Cozumel or Progresso before? I've been to Cozumel several times but BF has not. Thought about the Bar Hop again so we can have a little quiet beach time and a little island experience. He wants to do ruins. Progresso seems better for that because I do not want to be hounded by paddlers.

3. Any times on must see things in New Orleans? We're going 2 days early too and want to make the most of it. We might stop in Buloxi on the way home if there's any money left.

Glad to hear Uber was so smooth. We got FTTF on the Valor in December and I've convinced myself can not live without it but if embarkation is easy and no tenders then I might want to save the $$ for some extra cocktails

I've not sailed on the Triumph...yet. We sail on her in September, same itinerary. But we have sailed a few times from NOLA. I'll chime in on a couple of things.

1a. We plan on doing an excursion to see ruins at Progresso. From what all I've gleaned, pretty much ruins or water-related activities are all there is, as the town is pretty much crap. Maybe I'll be proven wrong in September but this is the understanding I have come away with after reading others' reviews of this port of call.

1b. We've been to Coz twice. The first time we did a ship excursion called Salsa y Salsa. Free unlimited margaritas, a little bit of a lesson on making salsas, eating what we made (to soak up the 'ritas) and once we were well lit, a salsa dancing lesson. We found this to be really fun. The other time we went there, we did the Coz Bar Hop. It was nice to see the other side of the island but, of the two, we preferred "Salsa".

3. The World War II Museum. We've been there a few times and this is the best thing I've ever done in New Orleans. Allow at least a half a day...at least. Something else we've enjoyed is doing a swamp tour. Yeah, it's touristy, but it got us out of the city itself and it's quiet and we got to experience something different.

How many people were in your balcony rooms? I'm specifically hoping you had a trundle bed and pictures. Our upcoming trip for 3 comes with a trundle bed instead of a Pullman or convertible sofa. I have searched and searched but not been able to find any pictures of 3 person balcony rooms with a trundle. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Forums mobile app

1a. We plan on doing an excursion to see ruins at Progresso. From what all I've gleaned, pretty much ruins or water-related activities are all there is, as the town is pretty much crap. Maybe I'll be proven wrong in September but this is the understanding I have come away with after reading others' reviews of this port of call.

You probably won't be impressed by the town of Progreso. That said, if this is your first time, definitely do the ruins. That's the top thing to do there. If you come back on another cruise, take a 45 min bus ride to Merida, the Yucatán capital and a city of 1mil people.

Too many people see the ruins their first time and then tell everyone "Progreso sucks, stay on the ship." :rolleyes:

http://www.autoprogreso.com/Cruise.html

Edited by Saint Greg

We will be leaving out of NOLA later in the month. I have never cruised from this port, how is the whole Port process?? Is it user friendly? I am curious how the luggage drop off and parking process works. Do you know if there is a charge for handicap parking. Charleston does not charge for handicap parking. I would appreciate any information you can give me about the Port and check in/ embarking process. Thank you!!

WE are cruising out of NOLA at the end of the month. How is the Port? What is the luggage drop off and parking process for this port. Do you know if they charge for handicap parking? Is the Port user friendly for parking, luggage drop off and check in/embarking process? I would appreciate any information that you give me. Thanks!!

Ding, ding...round 2

1. I have been to Cozumel 4 times before. This is definitely one to explore, we like to rent a scooter and make a day of it. Progresso it was out first time and won't stay local again.

2. Triumph I had mixed feelings about. I like that it had the 2.0 upgrades but needed maintenance to a lot of the areas. The ship seemed like it was always crowded but this might be because of spring break timing.

3. Make sure you plan to eat in New Orleans! The jambalaya I was crazy about... We stopped and got beignets, they were good but don't know if I would wait in line again for them... Definitely go around the river walk and look at the market there!

How many people were in your balcony rooms? I'm specifically hoping you had a trundle bed and pictures. Our upcoming trip for 3 comes with a trundle bed instead of a Pullman or convertible sofa. I have searched and searched but not been able to find any pictures of 3 person balcony rooms with a trundle. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Forums mobile app

We had 2 in each room sorry, The trundle is usually above the couch though...

We will be leaving out of NOLA later in the month. I have never cruised from this port, how is the whole Port process?? Is it user friendly? I am curious how the luggage drop off and parking process works. Do you know if there is a charge for handicap parking. Charleston does not charge for handicap parking. I would appreciate any information you can give me about the Port and check in/ embarking process. Thank you!!

There is a garage just on the other side of the street from where you drop your bags off and check in. I would drop everyone off with bags and send 1 person to park. I do not know if its free for handicapped being its an enclosed garage. This port is very user friendly! Right when you walk thru the doors thats where you line up to check in. You pretty much get your information out they print out the s&s cards and you wait in a airport type waiting area to board. We had FTTF so we boarded early but it seemed everyone got on pretty quick.

Hope this helps

• 2 months later...