HELP!!! Looking to book in the next day!! Carnival conquest vs liberty?

swetag81

Which would you choose?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose?

• Carnival Conquest
    • Carnival Liberty

Hi all

We are having a hard time deciding between the conquest and liberty. This is our 4th cruise however first on Carnival so we have some reservations with the ship already. More importantly, we have our friends sailing with us who have never cruised before. In total, we will have 4 adults and 4 kids ranging from 9 y/o to 4 y/o.

Any help would be so helpful!

Thanks!

For years Liberty was our favorite ship in the fleet; we've sailed her five times. She was replaced by our current favorite Carnival Breeze. We have sailed most Conquest class ships, but not Conquest herself so I cannot directly compare the two.

'This is our 4th cruise however first on Carnival so we have some reservations with the ship already.' I'm not sure what you mean, but assume you have reservations about Carnival's reputation? Carnival is the largest cruise line in the world for a reason; they do what they do well. If you go planning to have a bad time, you will. If you go planning to enjoy yourself, you will. :cool:

Yes, you're absolutely right about my attitude going into the trip. Since we have young kids, we love the Dr. Seuss theme but are weary about them being surrounded by a bunch of drunk people. But one of my biggest reservation is the food. I have heard the food in the MDR is not as good as RC or Celebrity but if she was your favorite ****, it definitely says a lot!

Thank you for your insight, it was soo helpful!

For years Liberty was our favorite ship in the fleet; we've sailed her five times. She was replaced by our current favorite Carnival Breeze. We have sailed most Conquest class ships, but not Conquest herself so I cannot directly compare the two.

'This is our 4th cruise however first on Carnival so we have some reservations with the ship already.' I'm not sure what you mean, but assume you have reservations about Carnival's reputation? Carnival is the largest cruise line in the world for a reason; they do what they do well. If you go planning to have a bad time, you will. If you go planning to enjoy yourself, you will. :cool:

In my opinion, I prefer the MDR food on carnival over RCCL... when are you planning on sailing (this will help us with the surrounded by drunks question). How long/destination of the cruises u are comparing? The two ships are similar in overall design, so itinerary and dates will make all the difference

June 11-15 sailing.

In my opinion, I prefer the MDR food on carnival over RCCL... when are you planning on sailing (this will help us with the surrounded by drunks question). How long/destination of the cruises u are comparing? The two ships are similar in overall design, so itinerary and dates will make all the difference

The June 11-15 sailing is a 4 night on the Liberty from PC.

https://www.carnival.com/itinerary/4-day-the-bahamas-cruise/pt-canaveral/liberty/4-days/bav?Military=N&PastGuest=N&Senior=N&numGuests=2&roomType=IS&sailDate=06252017

There is a June 12-17 which is a 5 night on the Conquest from FLL...

https://www.carnival.com/itinerary/5-day-western-caribbean-cruise/ft-lauderdale/conquest/5-days/wc0?Military=N&PastGuest=N&Senior=N&numGuests=2&roomType=IS&sailDate=06122017

These go to two different places from two different ports on two different dates... I would personally choose the Liberty because Ocho Rios isn't that good and Grand Cayman is a tendered port.

I have been on both and enjoyed both immensely. I voted for the Liberty based on the ship's decor -- it is very pretty! However, now that I see the choice is between 4 or 5 days, I would for sure go for the Conquest. The longer the cruise = the happier I am. Also, my sister and her husband went on RC last year and did not like it at all in comparison to Carnival. The said the free food options on Carnival was much better and they just had more fun on Carnival. Go with an open mind and have a great time!

We have also been on both and loved them both. Aside from the interior decorations and the Serenity Deck on the Liberty, they are virtually the same. If it was choosing between 4 and 5 day, I'd definitely do the 5 day, with as little difference as there is between the ships. We're trying out the Glory this Christmas. Again, same ship, different decorations. I'm expecting another great time. Hope you have a wonderful trip.