April in Paris ?

KathyK13

We're considering a Paris to Normandy Seine river cruise in mid to late April. Can get a great price, and it fits with my work schedule (can't be away May thru August). A little concerned about weather. Has anyone else done this cruise in April?

2 years ago we spent the month of March in Paris and it was cold and snowed more than once…as the month progressed, it got more tolerable….but heck…. its Paris!! it was still wonderful!

Last year we spent the last week of March on a river cruise followed by the month of April in Paris….it was wonderful and warmer! Although cool (by our Florida standards) it was well worth not fighting the summer time crowds. we are doing the same again this year….my wife literally had to drag me to Paris the first time….now it is our favorite destination, with not even a close second…..have a safe journey.

• 4 weeks later...

You are going to get varied weather reports from people who experienced whatever weather was happening when they visited Paris in April.

It may or may not happen when you are there. Look at historical weather records on the internet and it will show likelihoods of conditions.

As a rule it will be rainier and colder but I would weigh this against fewer tourists and go for it!

Edited by wally_bushy