Eating Ensenada

Caribbean Drifters

Living so close to the U.S./Mexico border I have had the pleasure of eating in an around Ensenada, for a long time, but I haven't been there in a couple years. DW and I plan on hitting our favorite places La Guerrerense and Breve Cafe, but i'm sure you guys have some other favorites, so please share. My idea of a shore excursion is eating all the real indigenous foods.

All in town

-Taquiero Lindo for tacos

-Michoacana for paletas (a few doors up from Taquiero Lindo)

-Hacienda for their rotisseried chickens and handmade tortillas

-Meson Del Don Fernando for their Molcajetes.

-Portrero Viejo for gorditas, pozole and licuados

-Guadalajara for birria

The last two we are usually the only Gringos in the place. At Guadalajara there is some English spoken. Not too sure about Portrero Viejo, don't know if they even take American $.

They all have clean bathrooms.

Have you checked out the tortilla factory on Segundo?

Edited by SadieN

Living so close to the U.S./Mexico border I have had the pleasure of eating in an around Ensenada, for a long time, but I haven't been there in a couple years. DW and I plan on hitting our favorite places La Guerrerense and Breve Cafe, but i'm sure you guys have some other favorites, so please share. My idea of a shore excursion is eating all the real indigenous foods.

While my chances of exploring the Left Coast is currently slim, I applaud your broadminded sense of gustatorial adventure! May local home cookin' always be found readily, and may Montezuma go un-revenged!:D

• 3 months later...
All in town

-Taquiero Lindo for tacos

-Michoacana for paletas (a few doors up from Taquiero Lindo)

-Hacienda for their rotisseried chickens and handmade tortillas

-Meson Del Don Fernando for their Molcajetes.

-Portrero Viejo for gorditas, pozole and licuados

-Guadalajara for birria

The last two we are usually the only Gringos in the place. At Guadalajara there is some English spoken. Not too sure about Portrero Viejo, don't know if they even take American $.

They all have clean bathrooms.

Have you checked out the tortilla factory on Segundo?

BTW where do you get your Pecos ???

My wife, who is Mexican from Mazatlan, had family in Ensenada for years. They were profs at the local science university. We used to go a couple times a year during the 2000's. Our favorite seafood restaurant was one called Mariscos Bahia de Ensenada, on Calle Riveroll a block from Lopez Mateos. Spotless bathrooms, tuxedo'd waiters, hand made tortillas. We are going there on the Grand Princess in March, looking forward to seeing if the restaurant is still there.