What is St Kitts ABout?

koss78b2

What is St Kitts ABout?

As in this is the main thing to see or experience here or what is this place known for? snorkeling? diving? beach?

landscape? just looking to focus an excursion as being a first timer here. like to cover something this is of importance here. thanks

i actually have the Scenic railway booked with a catermaren, but i want to cancel and change.

looking at few videos of the railway, seems just a slow train. where i rather just get right to the point and see the main sites and get to an activity instead.

looks ok for some people but i realized not my type of thing. so that is y i asked in this forum , to figure out a new idea

• 1 month later...
We hiked mt. Liamuiga and it was very enjoyable

I have to second that recommendation. We've been to St. Kitts a number of times and the volcano hike ranks as one of the most memorable excursions we've done in the Caribbean period.

It's a physical beating though if you're not in very good shape.

Well, if you are a leftist you could simply go to Mt Obama :). For us, it is like most Caribbean islands in that its about the sun, sand, and water.

Hank

Would this actually be doable for the 8 hours or so that one would be in port? It seems about an hour or so away from the port.

Edited by GalCruzer

Would this actually be doable for the 8 hours or so that one would be in port? It seems about an hour or so away from the port.

Ok, so assume you are in a port for 8 hours. Why is traveling 1 hour (each way) a problem. In fact, you could simply hire a taxi and spend the entire 8 hours driving around the island if that was your desire :). On some islands we have rented our own car and driven far more then an hour from the port (did this 2 years ago on St Lucia). Of course you should use some common sense and head to your most distant points early in the day...and then work your way back to the port so that there is no possibility of missing the ship.

Hank

• 3 weeks later...

I lived on this island for three years, but that was 15 years ago. Weather for hiking is great. Not bad at all. My most memorable and best experience while living there was hiking the volcano. We had a 7 year old girl with us and had very little trouble doing the hike. The guides know you are there to enjoy yourself. They realize that you are on vacation and not there to climb Everest. So, they go slow, help and stop for lots of breaks to enjoy the sites.

Diving was ok, and I'd likely dive another port. Catamaran to Nevis is great. Sunshine's should be experienced at least once in your life. Killer bees are great, but be careful, they sneak up on you!

Hope this helps, have fun!

• 4 weeks later...