Clebrity Constellation 5 March- Local shore excursion operators

Viveash

Claire and I are on the 14 nights cruise ex Singapore 5 March and wondering how to find details of local shore excursion providers, especially at Phu My and Chan May Vietnam ports?

We have previously used the ship shore excursions on past cruises of the Mediterranean and would now prefer shore excursions with smaller numbers.

Can these be arranged on the day of arrival at the port with local providers?

Any information would be very much appreciated.

Claire and I are on the 14 nights cruise ex Singapore 5 March and wondering how to find details of local shore excursion providers, especially at Phu My and Chan May Vietnam ports?

We have previously used the ship shore excursions on past cruises of the Mediterranean and would now prefer shore excursions with smaller numbers.

Can these be arranged on the day of arrival at the port with local providers?

Any information would be very much appreciated.

A good place to start would be on the Cruise Critic Roll Call Forum for your cruise, where you should be able to find out what your fellow travellers are planning.

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/rollcalls/celebrity-constellation-march-5-2017/

We went with Tommy tours for Chan May (I am sure you'll see them recommended on your roll call). For Phu My, we decided not to take the trek to HCM city and went with an Australian war veteran charity that organises tours of the local Vung Tao and Baria area. Proceeds go to the charity. Have fun on your cruise! We just got off this morning and are suffering withdrawal symptoms.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Many thanks to Steve Ch, Villauk,,Bertrande and Suekay for your response to my query. They all proved very helpful.

Oh and also a special thanks to Bertrande for your very detailed recent cruise review. The amount of content you included in your review is now and will be of much benefit to future cruisers on Celebrity Constellation and cruises in Asia.

Checked out the pictures of the penthouses suites on "Connie" and I am very envious :)

One question if I may as we are on the same cruise as you staring 5 March. Did you encounter any rough weather on your cruise and if so on which legs did it occur and was it particularly noticeable in the aft penthouse suite?. I read that your DH was a little seasick at one time.

Alan

One question if I may as we are on the same cruise as you staring 5 March. Did you encounter any rough weather on your cruise and if so on which legs did it occur and was it particularly noticeable in the aft penthouse suite?

Hi Alan our roughest day was the crossing from Hong Kong to the Philippines. Even the crew remarked about that day - DH was nauseous and couldn't really eat. The seas were also a little choppy from Boracay to Kota Kinabalu but that was very manageable compared to the first rough day. An earthquake had just struck one of the islands of Philippines and there was speculation the second rough day was due to that. Motion was always more noticeable in our PH than the in laws' S1 (cabin 6126 so noticeably nearer the hump). We had a corner aft S1 booked for our 2018 Reflection cruise but changed it to a hump CS after experiencing the motion from the aft. If you have no problem with motion sickness, the aft cabins are wonderful; it is just unfortunate that DH does not cope too well with it.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Hi Alan our roughest day was the crossing from Hong Kong to the Philippines. Even the crew remarked about that day - DH was nauseous and couldn't really eat. The seas were also a little choppy from Boracay to Kota Kinabalu but that was very manageable compared to the first rough day. An earthquake had just struck one of the islands of Philippines and there was speculation the second rough day was due to that. Motion was always more noticeable in our PH than the in laws' S1 (cabin 6126 so noticeably nearer the hump). We had a corner aft S1 booked for our 2018 Reflection cruise but changed it to a hump CS after experiencing the motion from the aft. If you have no problem with motion sickness, the aft cabins are wonderful; it is just unfortunate that DH does not cope too well with it.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Thanks for that info Bertrande, we are at the aft section of the ship on this cruise (6137), so will keep fingers crossed for calm seas. Both previous cruises were in Silhouette in mid ship cabins and so was not an issue.

Hi, my husband and I board the same cruise on the 5th March. Can I ask if you did a tour in Manilla and which one you did (was it a ships tour or privately organised as I can't find ant tour operators offering pick up from the ship?) regards Rhonda