Ketchikan Snorkeling - ship or independent

cot427

I'm new to liking snorkeling after having been on some recent trips and everybody who has done snorkeling in Ketchikan gives rave reviews, so I definitely want to try it.

It looks like the ship offers the exact same tour at only $10 more. Both have transportation but I'm looking for benefits to booking one way versus the other.

Perhaps booking right through Snorkel Alaska offers a smaller group, less crowded snorkel?

Thank you!

I only book excursions through the ship if I think there's a possibility I'd be late getting back to the ship (e.g. a trip that is some distance from the port) or if it's some sort of unique excursion only offered by the ship. In this case, you will be staying right in Ketchikan, so you won't be getting back late to the ship and this excursion is not unique to any ship. I'd book directly with Snorkel Alaska. (FWIW, I am considering booking this trip myself through Snorkel Alaska.)

Its the same vendor, and tours will be the SAME amount of people possible. Guides take a certain number, it's doesn't matter how anyone books. I'd save the $10 and book direct.

More important, the tour operator gets to keep all of your money instead of having to split it w the cruise line.

DON