Victor Bodden zip line

KimKTN

We are thinking about doing the "zip and dip" through Victor Bodden. Anyone done this? How long does the zip lining portion take? (Our ship doesn't dock until 12:30...) And, we are doing the "Monkey Business" thing after as a couple of the kids are dying to see a monkey. Anything anyone can tell me about this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Well, all I can say is when we did it several years ago, we did not have the best experience and I hope things have improved. When you read reports on this place, everyone has nothing but good things to say about it. However, I guess we were one in a million that did not feel that way.

I felt as if safety was compromised and not the best. I had just landed from a zip and one of the employees zipped right after me before I was safely out of the way and slammed into me full force, throwing me up against the pole and knocking the wind out of me with a few leg scrapes. He continued without saying a word to me...and very quickly.

Then when in the monkey pen, one of the monkeys attacked my daughter, who was 3 at the time. She was pretty scared of monkeys for several years after that. It was about an hour later before anyone even bothered to come over and ask if her bite marks were ok and to tell me "they have medicine" or something like that, which I assumed meant they had their shots...but you never know in a 3rd world country.

I'm sure this doesn't happen often or you wouldn't get the great reviews they get both on here and Trip Advisor. Just be careful and know that things like this "could" happen anywhere on any zipline or with any monkey/animal...they are wild animals held in captivity. :)

My review is in my signature line if you are interested.

Well, all I can say is when we did it several years ago, we did not have the best experience and I hope things have improved. When you read reports on this place, everyone has nothing but good things to say about it. However, I guess we were one in a million that did not feel that way.

I felt as if safety was compromised and not the best. I had just landed from a zip and one of the employees zipped right after me before I was safely out of the way and slammed into me full force, throwing me up against the pole and knocking the wind out of me with a few leg scrapes. He continued without saying a word to me...and very quickly.

Then when in the monkey pen, one of the monkeys attacked my daughter, who was 3 at the time. She was pretty scared of monkeys for several years after that. It was about an hour later before anyone even bothered to come over and ask if her bite marks were ok and to tell me "they have medicine" or something like that, which I assumed meant they had their shots...but you never know in a 3rd world country.

I'm sure this doesn't happen often or you wouldn't get the great reviews they get both on here and Trip Advisor. Just be careful and know that things like this "could" happen anywhere on any zipline or with any monkey/animal...they are wild animals held in captivity. :)

My review is in my signature line if you are interested.

Thanks so much for your review!

Hello. We did the zip and dip tour last year when we were in Roatan. There were 11 of us in our family who went. Six of us zip lined and the other 7 watched. We had a wonderful time. During the one zip line run my GoPro actually fell off my helmet and two of the workers went down into the brush and found it for me without me even asking. I figured I had lost it for good and when we got to a station several zips later they were there with it waiting for me - and it still worked after falling probably 50 ft.

When we were finished with the zip lining we did do the Monkey Business tour. They told us before we even entered the sanctuary that the monkeys may jump on you but to just be still and you will be fine. As mitsugirly stated above these are wild animals. While we were walking through several monkeys did jump on us. In fact one jumped on me and pulled the collar of my shirt out and climbed down the back of my shirt. I was a bit freaked out but just stayed still and it climbed back up and sat on my shoulder for a little bit then climbed down the front of my shirt. Once again I was freaked out but remained calm and the monkey (not sure but I think his name was Steven) crawled back out and jumped off me.

Had I not stayed calm I'm sure I could have scared it more than it scared me and it may have bitten me. But in my case this did not happen.

I would not recommend this part of the tour to children unless the parents are actually carrying them. (Not sure if mitsugirly was carrying her daughter or not).

Looking back, our family doesn't talk about the great time we had zip lining. Anytime they talk about Roatan the topic is always "That's where the monkey went down John's shirt. "

All of the staff we encountered were awesome. Sorry to hear that mitsugirly didn't have the same experience.

Edited by johnrich

As mitsugirly stated above these are wild animals. (Not sure if mitsugirly was carrying her daughter or not).

Sorry to hear that mitsugirly didn't have the same experience.

No, we were not carrying her. She was 3 at the time and we were told to have her walk in. She had small pieces of carrots in her hand and none of the monkeys would go to her for some reason. She just stood there with her hand out. They were crawling all over us and at one point my husband put one on her shoulder and it immediately jumped off. Then right before we were ready to walk out, one came up to her and took her carrot out of her hand and ran off. We started to walk out and it came running back, jumped up onto the wire fence and grabbed her arm and started biting her on the top of it and wouldn't let go. My husband swatted at it to get it to let go and the worker in the cage grabbed it. She ended up with bite marks on the top of her arm. While I'm sure it must have thought she had more food, it also wasn't going for her hand were the food was the first time and just decided to bite her. It traumatized her for several years, but she has held the baby monkeys at Little French Key twice since this (as long as they are babies), but still feels a bit uncomfortable (you can tell) when holding them. :(

So always remember, these are wild animals being held in captivity and you can never really predict what might happen.

We did this excursion last Spring Break 2015. I will say the it was the wildest zip-line we have ever done. It was not that they were higher or longer than any we had done before, it was that they encouraged stunts at every opportunity. We were encouraged to flip off of the platforms and to zip feet-up. There were a couple of lines where they ley you double zip with a friend or guide.

I wish I knew how to post a picture on here, My sister did a superman zip with our guide Brandon and it looked very naughty in the picture. It makes for a fun time during holiday gatherings....lol

We did this last September. One bit of advice...TAKE WATER. It was so hot by the time I got 2/3 of the way thru I felt sick. I was overheated and felt nauseous. But other than that it was a blast! And Human Speedbump is right...they encourage tricks. It was fun and exciting and very pretty.

We did this last September. One bit of advice...TAKE WATER. It was so hot by the time I got 2/3 of the way thru I felt sick. I was overheated and felt nauseous. But other than that it was a blast! And Human Speedbump is right...they encourage tricks. It was fun and exciting and very pretty.

Thanks! Esp. for the "take water" advice. We will do. We're signed up an excited!