Day Pass

houseflipper48

No practically about it they are next door to each other the only thing between is the public access road.

I don't believe Paradise Beach Club to be smaller than Bananarama it's got more beachfront it's got more land in the back it's has want to be high rise hotel, the origanal villa like accomdation, there are four or five restaurants back there and a pool.. its just all hidden from view.

I agree Paradise Beach Club may be slightly more quiet than Bananarama only because they just recently started doing day passes so not many people know about them but any piece of West Bay Beach can be a mad house depending on the time of year and how many ships are in port.

Another thing to consider is the easy access reef snorkeling is a walk down the beach past Infinity Bay's L shaped pier. Snorkeling near Bananarama or Paradise really isn't worth getting in the water for, there may be a few fish but not like that on the beach.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I've been to Bananarama, snorkeling there is excellent, right next to Paradise and about a 1 minute walk up the beach to where the heart in the reef is and the channel to deeper water.

We've seen all kinds of fish and an octopus there. They don't have a pool though. But having been to several of the resorts on the island, we are going there again in April. Can't beat $30 pp transportation, drink and lounger plus a few steps to the bar/grill.

Here's a picture of the reef:

23kqjw9.jpg

Bananarama is right near the orange arrow is. The coral further south near Tabyana is extremely shallow and easy to get trapped there as you can't swim over the coral or touch it...there are usually paddle board guards around to help guide you out of there, but we prefer down by Bananarama...just have to swim a little further out to the coral.

Edited by BecciBoo

I've been to Bananarama, snorkeling there is excellent, right next to Paradise and about a 1 minute walk up the beach to where the heart in the reef is and the channel to deeper water.

We've seen all kinds of fish and an octopus there. They don't have a pool though. But having been to several of the resorts on the island, we are going there again in April. Can't beat $30 pp transportation, drink and lounger plus a few steps to the bar/grill.

Here's a picture of the reef:

23kqjw9.jpg

Bananarama is right near the orange arrow is. The coral further south near Tabyana is extremely shallow and easy to get trapped there as you can't swim over the coral or touch it...there are usually paddle board guards around to help guide you out of there, but we prefer down by Bananarama...just have to swim a little further out to the coral.

Do they allow you to stay as long as you'd like, I guess what I'm asking is, do they have shuttles that run all day? If the weather is nice, we would like to stay most of the time we have in port. Our ship is there until 7pm. Thanks!

Do they allow you to stay as long as you'd like, I guess what I'm asking is, do they have shuttles that run all day? If the weather is nice, we would like to stay most of the time we have in port. Our ship is there until 7pm. Thanks!

If you are talking about Bananarama I understand they call you a taxi on teh way back...but perhaps getting the score from the horses mouth is a better choice.

http://bananarama.com/

I have snorkeled a fair amount of the island and West Bay, my preference is for the BOAT free space between Infinity and the Wall.

If you are talking about Bananarama I understand they call you a taxi on teh way back...but perhaps getting the score from the horses mouth is a better choice.

http://bananarama.com/

I have snorkeled a fair amount of the island and West Bay, my preference is for the BOAT free space between Infinity and the Wall.

Thank You for the info! Standing at Infinity looking at the water, what is on the left side of Infinity Resort and do you know if they offer day passes?

Thank You for the info! Standing at Infinity looking at the water, what is on the left side of Infinity Resort and do you know if they offer day passes?

I am sorry I do not understand.

Infinity Bay and Tabyana share a property line.

Tabyana is a cruise ship day-trip area.

Infinity Bay is a condo resort that sells first come first served limited expensive day passes.

Oh maybe I do understand... If you are looking at the water while standing on Infinity property, the left side is Tabyana and the right side is West Bay Village.

YES! Tabyana is a cruise ship passenger ONLY day trip area. IT snorkeling is he goal I truly believe Tabyana to be the answer.

http://www.tabyanabeach.com/index.html

This thread has heaps of info, pics and maps about snorkeling West Bay.

Edited by Guest 2000
  • Like 1

I am sorry I do not understand.

Infinity Bay and Tabyana share a property line.

Tabyana is a cruise ship day-trip area.

Infinity Bay is a condo resort that sells first come first served limited expensive day passes.

Oh maybe I do understand... If you are looking at the water while standing on Infinity property, the left side is Tabyana and the right side is West Bay Village.

YES! Tabyana is a cruise ship passenger ONLY day trip area. IT snorkeling is he goal I truly believe Tabyana to be the answer.

http://www.tabyanabeach.com/index.html

This thread has heaps of info, pics and maps about snorkeling West Bay.

Yes, thank you..you answered my question.

• 1 month later...

Hi all!

Anyone know how to purchase a Paradise Beach Day Pass? We will be in Roatan (Norwegian Getaway) the last week of April.

Is there a place at the Port of Roatan where we can get a transportation and day pass package for this place? Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

Last year, we use Victor Boden for transportation. They took us to Paradise Beach, we bought our passes and spent the day. Our driver waited for us, and took us back when we were ready.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Our itinerary shows we don't even get to port until 12:30. There would be plenty I would want to do if we had all day. We are beach people and would do an all inclusive if we got more than a few hours out of it. Suggestions greatly appreciated!

Are there things to see within walking distance if we decided not to plan anything and just walk around for a while?

Edited by KimKTN

• 3 weeks later...
Anybody experience with day passes for west bay beach? Was looking at tabyana but NCL wants 79$ that is ridiculous...anybody have suggestions on day pass and best transportation

Bananarama offers a day pass with transport included to West Bay beach were Tabyana is located.. One would need to walk down the beach past Infinity Bay Resort's L shaped pier to find easy access boat free reef snorkeling.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Response from Bananarama about their package.

The pick up and drop of time is your choice you let us know the time and the driver will be there to be able to book a package you will need to give u a call and will make the reservation over the phone, for more information about driving you can contact the dive shop instructor@bananarama.com.

Jannel Coleman.

Reception Office

Reception@bananarama.com

Office#504-2445-5005

Office#504-2445-5006

US Line#1727-5649058

Cell#504-94563382

This is for their cruise ship package. For $30 it includes transportation, lounge chair, and a welcome drink. We have stayed here b4, but never used there transportation. It is a short walk down the beach past the boat dock to where u can walk in and snorkel from shore.

We have also stayed at Paradise beach. we like it a little better, but they don't seem to offer a shuttle for the port.

So a couple months ago I emailed Tabyana beach about purchasing or booking a reservation for a day pass the day we're going to be there next week. I never heard from them.

Yesterday I emailed Bananarama and just got a response. I asked them how do I go about getting a day pass for me and my wife for next week when we are there from Carnival Splendor. Do I purchase it once I arrive at your resort or do I have to book it through our cruise ship? I told them I already have a driver for the day with Victor Bodden to show us around the island, the monkeys and then the rest of the day at your resort for some fun on the beach with snorkel rental, food and beach chairs so we wouldn't need the included transportation included in the day pass price but I don't mind paying the full price even though I already have other arrangements for transportation. The email response was very nice and basically said to call the USA number to make reservations and it was no problem that I don't use their provided transportation and said they would love for us to visit their resort and hope to us soon. And it was sent from the office manager Lindell Bodden. So does Bodden own Bananarama too or is Bodden family just that big they work in several areas? Lol. I thought it was pretty cool the office manager is a Bodden and our separately booked driver is through Bodden also. So I will be calling them in the morning to book 2 day passes at Bananarama. Can't wait to get there for some beach time and snorkeling.

Tabyana, you didn't email me back, you loose, I'll take my business a couple doors down. Lol.

Tabyana Beach is only sold through the cruise line. Yes, they have a website and everything but if you are coming by cruise ship, they will only allow to go through the cruise line.

Bodden owns a lot of things on the island. Good people. I mostly book with Bodden or Rony Tours. They are the way to go.

Edited by BrotherCraig

Tabyana Beach is only sold through the cruise line. Yes, they have a website and everything but if you are coming by cruise ship, they will only allow to go through the cruise line.

Bodden owns a lot of things on the island. Good people. I mostly book with Bodden or Rony Tours. They are the way to go.

The website says this:

If you are not with a cruise ship but would still like to enjoy paradise and Tabyana's incredible amenities and activities, please contact us directly for rates. We are open whenever there's a ship in port and by request for events.

Many people including myself have attempted to contact them but with no luck. I mean how would they know of you are from a cruise ship or just one of the many people hanging about the island?

The website says this:

If you are not with a cruise ship but would still like to enjoy paradise and Tabyana's incredible amenities and activities, please contact us directly for rates. We are open whenever there's a ship in port and by request for events.

Many people including myself have attempted to contact them but with no luck. I mean how would they know of you are from a cruise ship or just one of the many people hanging about the island?

We too would be very interested in booking a day pass to Paradise Beach, but do not want to book through the ship. Is there anyway to do so?

I agree. I am not sure why they say that. I attempted to contact them a year ago and nothing. Then I was there and they said they only cater to the cruise lines when cruises are in port. They need to update their website with that information.

We too would be very interested in booking a day pass to Paradise Beach, but do not want to book through the ship. Is there anyway to do so?

I don't think Paradise Beach Club has an arrangement with the cruise ships. I would email them to ask how best to arrange a day pass.

http://paradisehotels.com/

Better yet, US phone number..ahh if you are in the US.

USA reservation office +1 844 462 6633

• 3 weeks later...

I emailed Paradise Beach for day passes and never heard back.

While on our Victor Bodden private tour we asked for a recommendation for a beach club on West End/Tabayana with good food, and our driver suggested Paradise Beach ($10 pp, same as Bananarama).

It was our first time in Roatan, so I can't speak for any other beach club on the strip. But I can say that we were disappointed with Paradise Beach.

Admission is $10 - gets you access to facilities, no free drink.

Facilities - Lounge chairs are crammed right next to each other and not all of them have shade (we needed it as we had a toddler and a senior). Bathroom/change room - there were only 2 female bathrooms that also doubled as change rooms. Huge lineup. Plus, one of the 2 bathrooms did not flush, so if you had to change in there it was stinky!!! That, or you waited in the line longer.

We ordered food and drink. Our food took forever to arrive and it was not good. Our drinks (soda, beer) was warm. We asked for colder ones and they suggested putting ice in it - even my beer? :confused: Our bill for ceviche, club sandwich, a soda and a local beer came to $34. We felt it was not a good value.

The water was beautiful, but that can be said for all the beach clubs along West End/Tabayana.

As I said earlier, we can't compare to other beach clubs, but we would never go back to Paradise beach club again. Highly disappointing.

Thank you for the great feedback on Paradise. I will cross that one off of my list. I believe we are doing Infinity Bay on this trip or will just stick with Beachers. I have been to Fosters (enjoyed it but nothing spectacular) and know about bananarama as well (good people there and had fun).