MSC Yacht Club Executive Suite ?

jewliana

I am online getting ready to book this but looking both online and YouTube videos show absolutely no furniture on the balcony. I cannot imagine having a balcony and not being able to sit outside. Can someone help me out with what to expect? Thanks so much in advance!

I am online getting ready to book this but looking both online and YouTube videos show absolutely no furniture on the balcony. I cannot imagine having a balcony and not being able to sit outside. Can someone help me out with what to expect? Thanks so much in advance!

Jewl,,,YC1, YC2,or YC3???

If you mean the Y2 cabins 12001/12002/12004 on Divina then I have some bad news for you.

These cabins DON'T have balconies but instead have "panoramic sealed windows".

THe "balcony" you think you see in the video is for crew access to clean the panoramic windows.

You'll see this symbol on the deckplan

9008.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

If you want size, the YC2 can't be beat - with our teenage daughter, having that extra dressing room, double the closet space, huge living area etc. was wonderful. And the bathroom with the separate shower and double sinks was divine. We moved to the YC3 the next week and found it felt very small by comparison - the balcony was nice, but for the amount we actually used it, it wasn't such a big deal. One of the biggest downsides we found from the YC2 was the distance from the Yacht Club - it was so much nicer the second week to just go down a flight of stairs to the TopSail Lounge for a drink or some nibblies - and we found the butler service a little better too being right in the thick of things.

Yes, there was a bit of a hike to the lounge and there was no balcony but it was like having a small apartment it was so big.

The windows are floor to ceiling in both the living room and the bedroom. They have a little sprinkler system that keeps them clean.

We would leave the curtains open at night and watch the sunrise from bed....spectacular.

We had a YC3 last month. It is much smaller . The bathroom was half the size of the YC2 with no separate shower. The dressing table is in the bedroom instead of a separate area, etc.

It was so windy, remember these cabins are on the front of the ship, that the balcony was not usable for most of the trip. If you even opened the door, it would blow everything in the room.

But it was convenient to just go down stairs to the lounge.

Tough decisions.... we are going again next March and booked the YC2 again.

If you take that category...be sure to try and get the end ones. I hear the one in the middle is smaller.

Yes, there was a bit of a hike to the lounge and there was no balcony but it was like having a small apartment it was so big.

The windows are floor to ceiling in both the living room and the bedroom. They have a little sprinkler system that keeps them clean.

We would leave the curtains open at night and watch the sunrise from bed....spectacular.

We had a YC3 last month. It is much smaller . The bathroom was half the size of the YC2 with no separate shower. The dressing table is in the bedroom instead of a separate area, etc.

It was so windy, remember these cabins are on the front of the ship, that the balcony was not usable for most of the trip. If you even opened the door, it would blow everything in the room.

But it was convenient to just go down stairs to the lounge.

Tough decisions.... we are going again next March and booked the YC2 again.

If you take that category...be sure to try and get the end ones. I hear the one in the middle is smaller.

We're in the Sofia Loren Suite in June. Even though it is supposed to be "the most special" cabin on the ship, I'm afraid we're going to regret not booking a YC2. I'm going to miss the extra closet (we are traveling with our 15 yr old son). We had the middle YC2 so we're used to the tub/shower/tsunami situation. I hope it doesn't feel cramped. I'll definitely enjoy not having to take the elevator to the Topsail.

We're in the Sofia Loren Suite in June. Even though it is supposed to be "the most special" cabin on the ship, I'm afraid we're going to regret not booking a YC2. I'm going to miss the extra closet (we are traveling with our 15 yr old son). We had the middle YC2 so we're used to the tub/shower/tsunami situation. I hope it doesn't feel cramped. I'll definitely enjoy not having to take the elevator to the Topsail.

This is the Preziosa but the layout is exactly the same. (Only on the other side).

We stayed in a YC1 on the Splendida, party of two, and a YC2 on the Divina, party of four. If you have more than 2 people in your party, the YC2 is the way to go. It is double the space of the YC1. The trip to the Yacht club was simple and there is ample outdoor seating in the club. Therefore we did not miss the balcony. Our butler service was sparse in the YC2 compared to the YC1 on the Yacht Club floor. We do not use the butler much so this had minimal impact. While the YC1 is more convenient, the space in the YC2 more than made up for the slight inconvenience and lack of a balcony.

We stayed in a YC1 on the Splendida, party of two, and a YC2 on the Divina, party of four. If you have more than 2 people in your party, the YC2 is the way to go. It is double the space of the YC1. The trip to the Yacht club was simple and there is ample outdoor seating in the club. Therefore we did not miss the balcony. Our butler service was sparse in the YC2 compared to the YC1 on the Yacht Club floor. We do not use the butler much so this had minimal impact. While the YC1 is more convenient, the space in the YC2 more than made up for the slight inconvenience and lack of a balcony.

We definitely missed the balcony in the YC2, but the space was nice. You're right about the butler (and just about everyone else) - non-existent on the 12th floor. One evening we put out our breakfast card out to get room service in the morning before our port tour and it was never even picked up. I will really enjoy the balcony access and the location of the YC3 - I'm being a little picky about the space. My son was hardly in the room anyway! He loved the cruise and made friends he still communicates with today.

I keep reading YC1 YC2 YC3....

I could not find out what is 1 2 or 3....

Can someone enlighten me?

What makes a cabin a YC1 2 or 3 I guess I am asking.

I am in a disable forward facing YC cabin on the 16th deck. Does that make it a 1 2 or 3?

I keep reading YC1 YC2 YC3....

I could not find out what is 1 2 or 3....

Can someone enlighten me?

What makes a cabin a YC1 2 or 3 I guess I am asking.

I am in a disable forward facing YC cabin on the 16th deck. Does that make it a 1 2 or 3?

YC 1 is a balcony cabin in the yacht club, there are 64 of them 234 - 283 sq ft

YC2 are the executive 2 bedroom suites (3 of them on deck 12) , but no balocny, 462-574 sq ft.

YC3 are the Royal suites (2 of them on deck 16) 300 sq ft with a balcony

try this link

http://www.cruisecheap.com/ships/msc-cruises-msc-divina-staterooms.html

Pete

PS your cabin is a YC1

Edited by Skier52

YC 1 is a balcony cabin in the yacht club, there are 64 of them 234 - 283 sq ft

YC2 are the executive 2 bedroom suites (3 of them on deck 12) , but no balocny, 462-574 sq ft.

YC3 are the Royal suites (2 of them on deck 16) 300 sq ft with a balcony

try this link

http://www.cruisecheap.com/ships/msc-cruises-msc-divina-staterooms.html

Pete

PS your cabin is a YC1

Thanks for the insight....

Thanks for the insight....

Your cabin will next door to one of the YC3 suites, through the wall

and this is what your forward view and balcony look like ,this is 16006

balconyoyHcabininYC.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

We were just in a forward facing suite on NCL. My wife did not like it due to not being able to look straight down and see the water go by.

Now she is on the fence for dropping this cruise for that reason and other reasons. Time will tell :(

We were just in a forward facing suite on NCL. My wife did not like it due to not being able to look straight down and see the water go by.

Now she is on the fence for dropping this cruise for that reason and other reasons. Time will tell :(

There is no comparison between NCL and the service levels in the yacht club unless you were in the in the Haven. (i've had a romance suite on NCL Norwegian Dawn)

Deck 16 is very high up so you can see the water go by if you don't mind the gale force winds if you are cruising at any normal speed

Edited by Skier52

There is no comparison between NCL and the service levels in the yacht club unless you were in the in the Haven. (i've had a romance suite on NCL Norwegian Dawn)

Deck 16 is very high up so you can see the water go by if you don't mind the gale force winds if you are cruising at any normal speed

Yea, I do not want to pay the Haven prices, hence, MSC Yacht Club...LOL

Chatted with the lil women today. She said she will do what ever I would like.....:)

Unless something changes dramatically, the Yacht Club will be in the horizon :D

• 1 month later...

We just booked two YC2 cabins for the 10 days November 2016 sailing. My husband and I are traveling with our 4 children ranging in age 1 - 5 years old. I was so happy that the cabins connect (12002 and 12004). I am also glad to read that there is no balcony. Idk if I would feel comfortable with small children and having a balcony.