Orlando Rental Car Question

Kssafrg

A few years ago we flew into a FL city, (Miami ?) and rented a car at the airport. I had read that you should rent the cheapest car they have usually the compact, because they don't have them in stock, and they upgrade you for free. When we arrived they tried every trick in the book to upsell us but I was firm. Finally he gave up and gave me the papers and said go downstairs. When we got to the area to pick up the car we handed the paper work to the guy and didn't know what to expect and were told "pick any car"... ANY CAR?

Yep!! So we had a minivan for the week. It didn't matter what you reserved, you got to take what you wanted when you got there.

So, we are trying to find this company again. Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks, Kate

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I remember adds for National Rental where you can "pick any car" on the lot!

I would be interested in any answers too. We are looking for transportation from MCO to PC. :) Any help with company and prices would be GREAT. Anyone know how much the tolls are from MCO to PC?

Edited by Tropicalgal2

I remember adds for National Rental where you can "pick any car" on the lot!

I would be interested in any answers too. We are looking for transportation from MCO to PC. :) Any help with company and prices would be GREAT. Anyone know how much the tolls are from MCO to PC?

Don't remember the tolls exactly, but I believe there are 3 or 4 toll booths and the total is around $5.

Minimal really. It will cost you $2 and there are two toll plazas @$1 each.

Minimal really. It will cost you $2 and there are two toll plazas @$1 each.

Can't figure out why they added second toll booth but kept the goal $2. :confused: maybe locals get a break that way

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Don't do the smallest ....

I agree, don't do the smallest. If you look at the different cars, the compact and economy are often the same size, and the difference between a compact and a full size car is often only a few dollars ($2-$5) difference per day. You can even catch specials on a car rental website (via a code or coupon), where you can get a 1-2 level upgrade for free.

Edited by sjcruiser