Pearl Harbor

syr101

When in Oahu, i am interested in going to the Arizona memorial only, Can anyone suggest a method or a tour company that can take to the Arizona without it costing me an arm and a leg. We were going to turn out rental in on Monday evening. Do you think it would make more sense to hold onto the rental another day and drive there myself.

When in Oahu, i am interested in going to the Arizona memorial only, Can anyone suggest a method or a tour company that can take to the Arizona without it costing me an arm and a leg. We were going to turn out rental in on Monday evening. Do you think it would make more sense to hold onto the rental another day and drive there myself.

Are you there overnight on a cruise or on a pre or post cruise visit?

I've walked a couple of blocks from the Aloha Tower to The Bus stop & it cost us about $2.50 each way to Pearl Harbor. Other passengers took a cab to PH & The Bus back to the ship. I've recently read that tender tickets to the Arizona Memorial can now only be booked on the US Park Service's website 24 hours in advance for $1.50. We used The Bus roundtrip to PH & on the trip back to the ship my wife continued to the Ala Moana shopping center.

http://www.nps.gov/valr/index.htm

http://www.thebus.org/default.asp?m=f

Overnight on a cruise. We will be Oahu Sat, Sun and staying at Turtle Bay. we would like to take easy morning and a nice drive Monday morning toward Honolulu. We are trying to decide to go to the ship mid afternoon, then drop the car off and taxi to the port and Tuesday take a taxi to PH. Or keep the car Tuesday go to PH i the morning than go drop off the car.

The times you can pre-book for at this point are 1:15 and 1:45, so you could figure that into your plans. Otherwise need to be there fairly early to get tickets for morning tours. Whatever you do, ENJOY. Personally, I would keep car, because if you are staying clear out at Turtle Bay, you need a car your whole time out there.

If you want to avoid all hassle, take a tour. They arrange for the tickets and will likely get in in early in the day. There are a couple of choices as to how much time you spend there. Check out Robert's Hawaii - reliable and good pricing. I used them from Waikiki 3 weeks ago for their full-day tour. It covers about everything there. There's also a shorter version.