Sydney: Spirit of the Fiddle sounds execursions

Trekker954

So I love Celtic and/or fiddle music. My ideal would be to get off the ship in Sydney walk into Governors Pub or the Irish Alehouse order a burger and beer and be lucky enough to have some live music and/or sessions happening. But the chances of that on a Friday afternoon will be slim.

So what about this RCL excursion (way overpriced of course. spirit of the Fiddle which also includes live music. Has anyone done this? They say its actually in the cruise Pavilion. So can't anyone listen to it? Why pay the $60 if all can hear and will it be any good.

I really do not need to hear about the history and such. I know all that. I just want to hear some great music.

Thoughts?

Edited by Trekker954

I also booked this because I love Celtic music. I assume it will be in a private room in the cruise terminal.

I just reread the excursion description:

Find out why Cape Breton is so important to the revival of Celtic music. You'll meet at the World's Largest Fiddle and be piped to an intimate performance venue inside the Sydney Cruise Terminal located directly across from the ship. Professional local entertainers influenced by Scottish, Irish and Acadian traditions will sing, step dance and of course, play the lively fiddle. Enjoy refreshments including a serving of traditional Cape Breton oatcakes.
Edited by NancyIL

Yes, it's a private room and very enjoyable. It's very simple, good fiddle music with some dance. A young girl, her father and friend. Well done. It's upstairs and accessible by elevator. Overpriced by the cruiselines, but no other choice. Loved it. V.

We were in Sydney last week on Celebrity and disappointed there was no local music for all--there was a bagpiper on the pier as we waited for our tender and that was nice. We've been on other cruises (Princess) that have offered an hour-long show of local talent before departure (places like St. John NB, Halifax, Cork Ireland).