Getting from Boston cruise terminal to quincy market

jobalis

Will be on the Regal Princess in Oct. And was wondering how easy it is to get to Quincy Market from the pier? I've read old posts that says it's not to hard....public transportation or cab...or cruise line may offer shuttles? But bot sure if prices are still accurate. TIA

Black Falcon Cruise Terminal to Faneuil Hall

Walk: free, about 40 minutes.

Taxi: about $15-20, about 10-15 minutes (may vary widely depending on traffic)

Silver Line (bus) to South Station: $2.65, 12-15 minute bus ride, then walk 15 minutes to Faneuil Hall.

Quincy Market and Faneuil Hall are two of the four buildings in the "Faneuil Hall Marketplace" complex.

This is a two mile walk and you never know what kind of weather you will get in October. If the weather is rainy, you may want to consider a taxi or Uber. If not, it's a nice 40 minute walk.

If you want to do the Silver Line to South Station, you'll still have 17 minute or so walk down Atlantic Avenue (take a right as you exit the station). You will pass the Rowes Wharf and the Boston Harbor Hotel and then the Aquarium. You can take a left on State Street and then take a right before the Black Rose Pub and that will put you at the beginning of Quincy Market and in between Quincy Market and Faneuil Hall (there old red brick building).

On your walk, about half way is a place for some of the best lobster rolls anywhere at James Hook. The lobster is day fresh and driven in from Maine every morning. Last time I stopped in, they were $17 and worth every penny. They are open from lunch until 5 pm. If I were a tourist, I would be sure to stop in for one. I go enough as it is. :cool:

We are doing a back to back in October with the turn around on a Sunday in Boston. Can we walk someplace for lunch from the pier? Maybe like a 15 minute radius?????? Is the Legal Seafood on the waterfront walkable from there? Or are there some other options? I can look places up on the map, but can't tell if they would be easily and safely walkable. Thanks for the help !

Cheers,

Linda

Within 20 minutes you can be at the Institute of Contemporary Art (ICA) which is beyond Legal Seafoods, etc, so you have a good dozen options in that direction. In the other direction you can get to East Broadway in South Boston in about 20-25 minutes, where there are lots of choices

The northern waterfront of Boston's Seaport District has plenty of restaurant options, and it's mostly a nice, newly developed, neighborhood.

Find Northern Avenue, just north of the Black Falcon cruise terminal. For instance, Drydock Ave to Tide St, then immediately turn left (northwest) toward the downtown Boston skyline on Northern Ave. You should find something nice for lunch along Northern Ave (aka Seaport Blvd for a stretch), within 15 or 20 minutes' walk from the cruise terminal, or along Congress St, which about a block south of Northern Ave.