transportaion from London hotel to port

dznypal

The british pound i costs approximately $1.53 today

Totally driven gives a discount for paying on line and also for booking early. We usually book 5-6 months before we leave for London to get the best rate.

Many sites in a foreign country make you pay in their currency, England would be Great British Pound. We did not have a conductor telling us there was a problem where we put our suitcases. We LOVED the trains, great views of small towns and sat with really great people. Enjoyed it very much! There were seveal in that area.

Edited by 2ashevillesailors

thanks for all the helpful replies

a couple of you suggested a private car service

could someone recommend one Ill have to check out "totally driven" is that the name of a car service or is it just a name that handles a several different companies

I know though my husband would love to take the train--trains are his hobby

is it hard to get luggage we'll have 2 carry ons and 2good sized pieces

thanks again for all at the help

We used Smiths For Airports

http://www.smithsforairports.com/index.html

2 Couples shared the cost which was €140 total. They picked us up at Premiere Inn Waterloo and took us directly to the dock. no muss, no fuss. The car was a sparkling clean SUV, driver was friendly and professional, and plenty of room for luggage. Had a lovely relaxing drive. I will use them again on our TA next year.

Berni

Are there shared shuttle van rides from London to the Southampton port?

Will need transfer from central London on a Sunday, Nov 1. 2 people, one luggage case each and our hand-carries. Thanks for all the tips. m--

I am looking at Silver Fleet. They seem to take you to which ever hotel you like. Being on my own I don't want to deal with public transportation or walking too far with all my bags.

Anyone use Silver Fleet? http://www.silver-fleet.co.uk

Thank you. Silver Fleet looks like a very good option for us. Door to door is great and costs quite a bit less than private car service as we have no one to share the cost with. I think that will be our plan for hotel to port! m--

Edited by RMLincoln