LAX updates

dansgirlie

If I understand previous posts, you can get from your arrival terminal at LAX to the international departure terminal by tunnel without going through security again. That is assuming your checked luggage is transferred to your departure air liner. In my case arrival on Alaska Air at terminal 6 and departure on Air France at Tom Brady International terminal. Is this tunnel well marked and easy to follow?

If I understand previous posts, you can get from your arrival terminal at LAX to the international departure terminal by tunnel without going through security again. That is assuming your checked luggage is transferred to your departure air liner. In my case arrival on Alaska Air at terminal 6 and departure on Air France at Tom Brady International terminal. Is this tunnel well marked and easy to follow?

I will be flying Alaska as well. We are just doing a carryon each so we can just walk straight to TBIT. That way not only do we avoid baggage claim but we also avoid having to catch the shuttle to TBIT and don't have to go outside security. Here is a terminal map. I also suggest looking at the website. There is a plethora of info...

http://www.laxishappening.com/assets/pdf/LAX-VIP-CSR-Foot-Traffic-Map.pdf

Edited by dansgirlie

If you don't know where to look for it it's hard to fine. At terminal six is located in the middle of the island between gates 67 and 68. Look for the sign it'll say something about tunnel access to other terminals. When you come to terminal four you'll have to come back out the island and just before you get to the TSA they'll be a quarter to your left and you should say something about access to Tom Bradley international terminal.

There is a hallway after you go through customs that keeps you in the secured area and you can go back over to terminal four. Prior to going through the hallway there is a desk for you to place your checked baggage on and they will distribute it to the correct airlines. Then you proceed to the hallway that takes you back over to terminal four.

If you want to make sure you have a correct just asked the customs agent why are you drop off your checked bags as well as where is the entrance back over to terminal four.

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

Once you clear customs, you will need to go through TSA Screening again. Rather than waiting in the l o n g line for TSA in TBIT, we walked outside (it was a nice day) to terminal 5 and reprinted our boarding passes for Delta. Had to do this since foreign airline boarding passes do not have TSA Pre-Check. We then had no line for the TSA recheck. BTW, there are two primary reasons to go back through TSA - (1) you have had access to your checked luggage and (2) other countries do not have the same screening protocols.

Let's get this correct. Once you clear customs at the Tom Bradley international terminal there will be a recheck counter for you to recheck your large bags. There is now a connector walkway between Tom Bradley international terminal and terminal four. There is a connector TSA checkpoint that you will need to clear but the lines are much shorter than if you were to go outside curbside and go right back through the main TSA checkpoint. I hope you all understand my writing here but it is now much easier to go between the Tom Bradley international terminal and terminal for which gives you access to terminals five, six, seven and eight. There's also a new connector being constructed between Tom Bradley international terminal and terminal three, don't know if that ones open yet.

http://Www.flyertalk.com Have a long for him on this subject. Go to that website and put in the search connector between Tom Bradley international terminal and terminal 4

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna