Pool towel policy?

villager13

I found some old threads on NCL's towel policy but nothing recent. We are sailing on the Escape tomorrow. We like extra towels to cover the length of the loungers so we usually get two towels a piece. Does NCL let you have extra towels or should I bother packing some? I really hate to take up room packing towels!!

You can definitely get extra towels. Don't pack any. There is a towel station on the pool deck. You just give them your name and room number and they will give you as many as you want. Just make sure you return them and they mark off that you returned them or you will be charged $25 per towel.

The pool deck is usually littered with towels that are unused. It's hard to believe but there is this towel fairy who will wake up before dawn, fly to the pool deck, and cover the chairs with towels, and then never return. The towels aren't used by anyone and are free for the taking, its quite a mysterious and beautiful thing that happens each and every day.

In a pinch you could always grab one of those and exchange it for a fresh one at the towel station and be on your way with a nice extra towel.

You will have no issues just asking your cabin steward to provide you with some extra towels. At least we didn't.

Or I agree, there are always plenty of unused towels sitting on the deck chairs.

Has anyone actually gotten charged a $25 towel fee? I've always just thought it was a threat to discourage people from taking them home as souvenirs.

The pool deck is usually littered with towels that are unused. It's hard to believe but there is this towel fairy who will wake up before dawn, fly to the pool deck, and cover the chairs with towels, and then never return. The towels aren't used by anyone and are free for the taking, its quite a mysterious and beautiful thing that happens each and every day.

In a pinch you could always grab one of those and exchange it for a fresh one at the towel station and be on your way with a nice extra towel.

How do you know that you are taking a towel from someone just being a chair hog or if you are taking it from someone who just might be in the water or at the bar etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As soon as we got on the Escape we grabbed our towels to head to the spa and as we walked out the steward asked if we would like some extra towels and we said yes and he asked us how many and I said as many as you want to give us jokingly and when we came back we had 8 extra towels sitting on our bed. I don't think you will have any problem getting extras!