Havana Times

Hello,

I will be sailing on the Dream on 17th January. Can someone who has been on the Cuban Fusion tell me what time the ship arrives & departs Havana? Website shows 9am-2pm, written confirmation shows 2pm-6pm & when I called into a Thomson shop I was told 11am-2pm.

Thanks a bunch!

If you look at the itinerary on your confirmation you will find you arrive in Havana day 4 at 9am and leave Havana at 2pm day 5

Havana is great at night so enjoy the bars and fabulous music on your overnight stop

We are booked on this cruise in February and this is the itinerary on our confirmation email

Ship Name: Thomson Dream Your Itinerary: Cuban Fusion

Day Resort Port Arrival Time Departure Time

1 Tue Jamaica Montego Bay - 20:00

2 Wed At Sea - -

3 Thu Mexico Cozumel 06:00 18:00

4 Fri Cuba Havana 14:00 -

5 Sat Cuba Havana - 18:00

6 Sun At Sea - -

7 Mon Grand Cayman Georgetown* 07:00 17:00

8 Tue Jamaica Montego Bay 08:00 -

Edited by Travellingtaff
Typo

Strange as the website for both Cuban Fusion cruises 14th and 28th Feb itineraries show Georgetown and Cozumel swapped from the days quoted above as the 2nd day is Georgetown and Cozumel the last port of call before returning to Montego Bay and the arrival and departure dates in Havana are as I previously quoted. I should add that when on in Jan 2016 for Cuban Fusion the itinerary was as quoted above but the times of arrival and departure in Havana were as quoted on the website This is very strange as usually the sea day is the day after boarding and Georgetown is much nearer to Montego Bay so makes sense to visit last Typical of Thomson not to have altered the website if it's incorrect

Strange as the website for both Cuban Fusion cruises 14th and 28th Feb itineraries show Georgetown and Cozumel swapped from the days quoted above as the 2nd day is Georgetown and Cozumel the last port of call before returning to Montego Bay and the arrival and departure dates in Havana are as I previously quoted. I should add that when on in Jan 2016 for Cuban Fusion the itinerary was as quoted above but the times of arrival and departure in Havana were as quoted on the website This is very strange as usually the sea day is the day after boarding and Georgetown is much nearer to Montego Bay so makes sense to visit last Typical of Thomson not to have altered the website if it's incorrect

I was aware of some anomalies with this itinerary so I got my local Thomson TA to check the correct itinerary with HQ. They said it was as per my confirmation email.

We have a full day private tour booked on the second day in Havana and a hire car booked for Grand Cayman, so, I suppose, all we can do for now is go by what they say at HQ.

I've asked for clarification on one of the posts below from someone who has

just returned form Cuban Fusion, so it'll be interesting to see what they say.

I was aware of some anomalies with this itinerary so I got my local Thomson TA to check the correct itinerary with HQ. They said it was as per my confirmation email.

We have a full day private tour booked on the second day in Havana and a hire car booked for Grand Cayman, so, I suppose, all we can do for now is go by what they say at HQ.

I've asked for clarification on one of the posts below from someone who has

just returned form Cuban Fusion, so it'll be interesting to see what they say.

Further to my earlier post I just spotted this:

http://www.stewarttravel.co.uk/cruise-details/thomson-cruises/thomson-dream/cuban-fusion/depart-17-jan-2017-for-7-nights/996862/

which is different from the Thomson site itinerary but agrees with my confirmation email.

Look at your cruise itinerary as it changes for different sailings.

We got in at 9am and were scheduled to leave at 2pm the next day. Before we docked it changed to leaving at 11.30 as another ship was coming in. 2 people missed the boat as "time got away from them. :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone,

Still looks like there is some discrepancy on times! Like you Travellingtaff, I was hoping to book an independent tour for a full day. I think I will just go ahead and book for the second day & play it by ear when I get there. The whole reason I booked this cruise was to visit Havana & I will be extremely disappointed if my time here is cut short!!

I only booked the cruise 2 weeks ago, so am researching like crazy & trying to get organised.

Thanks again x

Just a note to be VERY CAREFUL about pre-booking excursions/cars without Thomson. (Cuban fusion/Mayan treasures 20 Dec-3 Jan)

Our trip to Grand Cayman was cancelled due to bad weather so no tender so no stingray city! Thomson are easily refunding trip. We were taken back to Jamaica instead to Ochio Rios.

Cozumel wk 1 Tulum/Beach suffered rainstorm in afternoon so sights cut short but more shops...

Honduras West coast trip was very interesting to see flooded streets and houses as the rain came down. Sadly we didnt see many butterfies or birds. We were however very relaxed with our excellent Thomson coach driver how he did it we do not know!

Belize....well due to the rain in the area the crystal caves were flooded so it was more zip line or a refund...we chose refund....had a wander in the town but very glad to get back on board. We did try finding an alternative independent tour but either they did not want to do it/not enough people/no time/too expensive or the people just looked dodgy. They all wanted to sell a tour of the city..........or braid your hair.

We discovered although out of hurricane season we were in the 'rainy' season which lasts til May and unusually the short sharp showers...weren't always. Had I made private arrangements in the ports my nerves would have been shot...

Just a note to be VERY CAREFUL about pre-booking excursions/cars without Thomson. (Cuban fusion/Mayan treasures 20 Dec-3 Jan)

Our trip to Grand Cayman was cancelled due to bad weather so no tender so no stingray city! Thomson are easily refunding trip. We were taken back to Jamaica instead to Ochio Rios.

Cozumel wk 1 Tulum/Beach suffered rainstorm in afternoon so sights cut short but more shops...

Honduras West coast trip was very interesting to see flooded streets and houses as the rain came down. Sadly we didnt see many butterfies or birds. We were however very relaxed with our excellent Thomson coach driver how he did it we do not know!

Belize....well due to the rain in the area the crystal caves were flooded so it was more zip line or a refund...we chose refund....had a wander in the town but very glad to get back on board. We did try finding an alternative independent tour but either they did not want to do it/not enough people/no time/too expensive or the people just looked dodgy. They all wanted to sell a tour of the city..........or braid your hair.

We discovered although out of hurricane season we were in the 'rainy' season which lasts til May and unusually the short sharp showers...weren't always. Had I made private arrangements in the ports my nerves would have been shot...

Totally agree about being very careful when booking private tours, we have booked tours throughout S. and central America, Falklands, China, Namibia, NZ and Oz, with no problems. I would suggest, however, only booking those who are highly recommended on TripAdvisor or Cruise Critic and never pay anything upfront. Although, admittedly, I once paid a small deposit to a Vietnam company for an excellent tour to Ho Chi Minh City from Phu My port. Also, always arrange to get back at least 2 hours before the sailing time.

Snotter,

If it helps with your research, we were in Grand Cayman last year, there are lots of opportunities to book tours when you get off the tender, so no need to pre-book. We did a tour in a small bus and had plenty of time to take a trip on a submarine when we got back to the port. If I can help with anything else, let me know. We are also booked on the Mayan Treasures itinerary.

Do not get sucked in by the ship talk scare tactics. They scared some people into not even getting off the ship. SHAME!!

We got the Hop on Hop off Bus $10, which was great. We did the loop then went back for lunch then went a little way around (the park) and got off then looked around that area then slowly walked back towards the ship.There are plenty of classic cars at the park (may be a bit cheaper than at the cruise terminal?

That night we walked around the town, had dinner and had a drink at Hemingway's Bar.

The next morning we walked along the shore and at the fort.

There are plenty of classic cars just as you come out of the terminal (contrary to the ships advice that they are extremely limited) if you want a ride or a tour in one.

Snotter.

We too are on the 17th Jan Cuban Fusion, it will be our second week on the cruise.

When I booked the itinerary was different than what was in the brochure, but recently discovered why, I was looking at the Winter2015/Summer2016 brochure.:mad::mad:

Cheers.

Have a look at http://www.caymanport.com and see when the ship is in port.

We are booked on this cruise in February and this is the itinerary on our confirmation email

Ship Name: Thomson Dream Your Itinerary: Cuban Fusion

Day Resort Port Arrival Time Departure Time

1 Tue Jamaica Montego Bay - 20:00

2 Wed At Sea - -

3 Thu Mexico Cozumel 06:00 18:00

4 Fri Cuba Havana 14:00 -

5 Sat Cuba Havana - 18:00

6 Sun At Sea - -

7 Mon Grand Cayman Georgetown* 07:00 17:00

8 Tue Jamaica Montego Bay 08:00 -

Have a look at http://www.caymanport.com and see when the ship is in port.

Thanks for the link, I had already looked at that site a few weeks ago.

Not sure that the details can be relied on, though, as the disclaimer says, they depend on the cruise companies giving them information about any changes.

The port site certainly differs from the latest info on my Thomsons e-ticket for Cuban Fusion cruise itinerary.

Also looked at the Cozumel terminal and that differs to my eticket. I have booked a private Stingray city trip on Feb 15. Does anyone know a number where we can get reliable info re: itinararies??

Thanks for the link, I had already looked at that site a few weeks ago.

Not sure that the details can be relied on, though, as the disclaimer says, they depend on the cruise companies giving them information about any changes.

The port site certainly differs from the latest info on my Thomsons e-ticket for Cuban Fusion cruise itinerary.

Also looked at the Cozumel terminal and that differs to my eticket. I have booked a private Stingray city trip on Feb 15. Does anyone know a number where we can get reliable info re: itinararies??

As I said in an earlier post I went into my local Thomson TA and they phoned up HQ for me. They assured me that the correct itinerary was as per my confirmation email and that has now been carried through to my e-ticket.

We are going on the Cuban Fusion on 14th February. I assumed the itinerary on the e ticket was correct but emailed Thomson for confirmation, they have replied today to confirm the correct itinerary is that listed online and not on the tickets! Georgetown day 2 and Cozumel day 7.

I'm sure it's a ploy to panic people into booking Thomson excursions?!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are going on the Cuban Fusion on 14th February. I assumed the itinerary on the e ticket was correct but emailed Thomson for confirmation, they have replied today to confirm the correct itinerary is that listed online and not on the tickets! Georgetown day 2 and Cozumel day 7.

I'm sure it's a ploy to panic people into booking Thomson excursions?!

Do you know which office that email came from?

I got this from the Swansea office earlier today which gives Cozumel on day

Cuban Fusion

Montego Bay 20:00

Georgetown 10:00 20:00

At Sea

Havana 09:00

Havana 14:00

Cozumel 09:00 20:00

At Sea

We are on Mayan/Cuban cruise on 24th January. When I phoned Thomson, I was initially given a different Itinerary from that on our confirmation. When questioned, the lady went off to speak to someone and came back to confirm that our itinerary was correct...she said. So, we will 'go with the flow' and hope for the best. Good advice not to pay in advance for private tours.

This is our first cruise with Thomson. It doesn't feel as well organised as P&O, but we will see....

It was the online customer contact centre I contacted and this was their reply

Subject: RE: Thomson Website Customer Contact - Pre Travel With Booking, Subset: Cruise

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your email

I can confirm that your itinerary is as follows

Cruise Itinerary

Day : 1 Embark Montego Bay Port

Day : 2 Call Georgetown Port

Day : 3 At Sea

Day : 4 Call Havana Port

Day : 5 Call Havana Port

Day : 6 At Sea

Day : 7 Call Cozumel Port

Day : 8 Debark Montego Bay Port

We went to our local Thomson TA this morning and they have now confirmed that email info that I received from the Swansea Contact Centre is correct.

HQ said that they will be sending amended itinerary confirmation details so I assume everyone booked on the cruise will get the same (hopefully!).

We went to our local Thomson TA this morning and they have now confirmed that email info that I received from the Swansea Contact Centre is correct.

HQ said that they will be sending amended itinerary confirmation details so I assume everyone booked on the cruise will get the same (hopefully!).

Thanks seems like we are getting somewhere :)

Edited by Gemsea