Is the "Silent Disco" on the Eclipse

chamima

I just read two threads about the Silent Disco on the Reflection and the Equinox.

On the Reflection it's in the Sky Lounge and on the Equinox it's at the Martini Bar. (I think the Sky Lounge sounds better.)

They give everyone earphones and you can listen to one of three types of music and everyone is dancing to their own. It sounds like lots of fun so I was wondering if it's on the Eclipse yet.

we have to mention a new entertainment feature which was awesome – the Silent Disco. (It should not be called a disco). The first one was held in the largest dancing venue, the Sky Lounge. On entering you get wireless sound-proof headphones which play 3 different music channels, and glow green, red, or blue depending on what channel you selected. Your color is quite visible to everyone else, so you can see what others are dancing to, and what is the popular song of the moment. One channel is older mo-town style, one is 80-90’s rock, and one is new rock. So everyone dances to the song they like, and you can’t hear anything except your song. If you don’t like the song, you just change channels. When you take off your headphones it’s hilarious, no sound on the dance floor except ppl singing along, groups of girls jumping up and down singing “I Don’t Care! … I Love It!” and “I wanna be Jesse’s girl!”. Like very bad karaoke, or a zombie dance party. When there wasn’t room on the dance floor ppl danced around the tables. Some couples were dancing together but listening to a different channel, but they seemed to make it work, and no argument about what song to dance to. A DJ cuts into the song when the crowd needs to know something … like “take the drinks off the dance floor”. The headphone staff told us this started at land clubs about 6 months ago. It was just a hoot.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52047359#post52047359

Short answer is YES! Eclipse did it in several venues at various times. Check you daily program or talk to one of the cruise director folks for pre planning to participate.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you!!

This sounds like so much fun!