First Timer

packerbackergb

My husband and I will be cruising with another couple on June 17 on Carnival Freedom out of Galveston. I'm ecstatic but nervous at the same time!

I've laid out all of the pricing, and I stink I've pretty much got necessities down to the penny. I have a budget for spending. We've booked our desired excursions. I'm not sure what more I can do but just wait... very impatiently!

I tried to find posts on the Carnival Freedom Role Calls but that one appears to be empty. Any other first timers going on this sailing?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband and I will be cruising with another couple on June 17 on Carnival Freedom out of Galveston. I'm ecstatic but nervous at the same time!

I've laid out all of the pricing, and I stink I've pretty much got necessities down to the penny. I have a budget for spending. We've booked our desired excursions. I'm not sure what more I can do but just wait... very impatiently!

I tried to find posts on the Carnival Freedom Role Calls but that one appears to be empty. Any other first timers going on this sailing?

Welcome to cruise critic. I am sure you will become addicted like so many of us are. Just don't stress the small things and you will enjoy it.

There is a lot you can do. Order water ahead of time they sell it in 12 bottle quantities. Also you can order wine pkgs and spa treatments before you go. Check out your cruise on carnivals website just like you did your shore excursions. Only look under gifts and spa treatments. On carnival you can take a case of 12 sodas onboard with you. I only drink decaf sodas so this is s great help. Have fun!!!!

Tips for the airport porter, taxi driver, hotel porters and guides. You might want to put some money aside for a few pictures. Purchases on shore like a beer or soda if you go to the beach or some souvenirs. Some activities on the ship costs money, like Bingo and some craft things. I've never done the craft things but I've heard over the years of some people doing it at a cost. Oh, and if you want to use the internet on board, that will cost you as well.