Hotel help in New Orleans

DES07

My husband and I are going to be leaving out of New Orleans for a cruise the week of Aug 15th and I was needing to find out about hotels with in walking distance to the cruise terminal. I have been looking at Wyndham riverfront and the Hilton riverfront but, the problem is the websites doesn't really tell you anything about the terminals. So, My question is could someone please tell me the best hotels to stay at, We would also like to be close to Harrah's. We are going to be spending two night in New Orleans before the cruise. Since we have never been there before.

I am not sure how close it is to the cruise terminal but it is 2 blocks form Harrah's. We stayed @ Hotel Monteleone on Royal St. in the French Quarter. Really nice hotel, old and well kept and it has a carousel bar that rotates. Anyway I would try on Priceline.Good luck gambling and I know you will have fun!

There is a board on CC called gulf port departures which is mostly new orleans and galveston, a little mobile.

Most people stay at either drury or holiday inn superdome who need cruise parking, you dont say if you are driving and flying. If you ask there and say if you need cruise parking you will get more ideas.

Drury is one of the best and Iv walked to the port.

Holiday Inn Superdome is nothing special but they have a shuttle on the hour to take you around and the shuttle will take you to the port for your cruise and drop you off.

both friendly to cruisers.

The Hilton is great. We stayed there two years ago before our cruise on the Fantasy. We could see the whale tail from our room that morning since the hotel is almost right behind the terminal.

Be warned though - the food at the hotel restaurant is really pricey for what you get and they only have valet parking.

The HI convention center has an option to park free for cruises.

Sounded great, but turned out not so good.

There was a sign in sheet for the terminal shuttle, but none of the employees would take responsibility for it.

The final answer we received was not to bother as the shuttle ran on the hour.

The next morning, we were told that since we didn't sign up, we would need to catch a cab.

I let them know this was unacceptable as we were told there was no need to sign.

I asked to speak with the manager, and this got some attention.

Here comes security with a message from management to get a cab and they would pay.

We are booked on the Conquest out of NOLA in November.

I will be using Priceline to bid for an awesome (cross your fingers with me) room and park at the terminal.

mimi

There is a board on CC called gulf port departures which is mostly new orleans and galveston, a little mobile.

Most people stay at either drury or holiday inn superdome who need cruise parking, you dont say if you are driving and flying. If you ask there and say if you need cruise parking you will get more ideas.

Drury is one of the best and Iv walked to the port.

Holiday Inn Superdome is nothing special but they have a shuttle on the hour to take you around and the shuttle will take you to the port for your cruise and drop you off.

both friendly to cruisers.

Sorry I forgot to metion we are flying in two days early and going take a taxi from the airport.

Thank you for all your help. we are flying in two days early and will be taking a taxi from the airport, since i hear you can just about go everywhere on foot or the trolley.

Sorry I forgot to metion we are flying in two days early and going take a taxi from the airport.

I would just do hotwire for a french qtr high star hotel. Someone on my roll call got one for less than $100 total. Some like priceline. betterbidding . com has the hotels people got with both sites.

I can walk to anywhere in the french qtr on foot once you get a location.

I just got Holiday Inn French Quarter on Hotwire for $61/night plus tax $13.30. Nov 12-15 2011.

On H.I website price is $141 and $20 tax/ night.

3star. Amenities Fitness centre, pool, restaurant, laundry and High speed internet.

Archived